[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - ISSUE #025 - On Sale Now

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  ISSUE #025 - On Sale Now

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:55 pmPosts: 47Location: Scotland
For myself, I think that Joe Duplantier's point of view (we really should try to reverse global warming/use less electricity etc etc etc) is one I logically agree with, but that Atratus' (the worst we can do is eliminate the human race from earth which is, in the cosmic scheme of things, not that big of a deal) is how I really feel. But then I belong to the legendarily apathetic 'generation X'... :|

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 amPosts: 4
I think Gojira are an amazing band. Its a bonus that they maintain an optimistic and protective view of the planet, i find it quite refreshing! Its rare to find an extreme metal band that stray outside the content of war, sex, drugs, religon or the generally negative aspects of the human mind.

P.S

Thanks to ZT for reviewing my bands CD!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:10 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pmPosts: 1189Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:41 am Reply with quote
User avatarSite AdminSite AdminJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 532Location: England

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I'm a bit concerned that bands aren't singing about Satan coming up through the floorboards to beat the shit out of your nan, and Reagan having sex with Thatcher to give birth to some sort of monster which is a combination of Frankenstein's Monster and a Nuke anymore.

I'd question Leon's labelling of modern British political leaders as facistic as I've yet to notice genocide and gross human-rights supression, but to be honest I'm about as interested in politics as I am the discography of Blondie, and I'm fucking furious that with all the horrible shit in the world, the skyrocketing unemployment rate, the fact that within our lifetimes there will be oil wars, and the recession, that Gordon Brown has the time to say he totally disaproves of Jonathon Ross and Russell Brand taking the mickey out of Manuel because his grand-daughter is a fucking degenerate.

Oh and David Cameron, presumably only to let the disinterested masses know that he's still around.

Interpret the message of this post as serious or facetious as you see fit.
:wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:20 amPosts: 71
I cannot help but belch forth my own two penneth. First and foremost, I have nothing but contempt for those shameful idiots who blabber on about how what 'I' do isn't going to make a blind bit of difference in a world so full of indifference. Do you think that women were just given the right to vote on a sunny day by a bunch of friendly care bear fucking politicians??? Revolution always starts with the individual! Secondly, in reference to fascist politics in this country; sorry Leon mate but I have to disagree. I'm dying for some fascsism here and there - instead as was so correctly pointed out we have these terrified little liberal rabbits afraid that they cannot avoid making a comment on how naughty two comedians have been censured for calling a 'Satanic Slut' well... a slut. Hmm, do you think Churchill would have commented in such fashion? Just a thought there. This leads me on to my next bugbare with this increasingly petulant, pedantic little island of ours. Ce-fucking-lebrity. A large part of me thinks that if a contestant of Big Brother put forward a scheme to reduce carbon emissions it might actually get into the House of Commons. Why do we insist on putting these pituary retards on the front pages of our papers for doing absolutely nothing? At least in days gone by we had rock stars, actors (real ones), politicians and other variants of semi-real people on our minds -now we have X-Fuckter, Stricnene Cum Dancing and Big Bloody Brother! Unreal.

I put it to you that considering the generic attitude in this country is utter indifference, an avoidance and wilfull disrespect to quality control and a fetishising of the celebrity - we must take a stand. I am in the process of writing a letter (yes, I know it's futile, but I'm going to try) to David Cameron (our so-called MP here in Witney, the Shire) asking him whether he wants to be leader of a country (because surely he will be, after Gordon Brown's display of contempt at monetary policy) full of little lemmings that wait with baited breath as the results of the next sub-human celebrity game show are announced, shop at Asda instead of toning down their spending to be able to shop at local shops, supporting quantity over quality in their aim of becoming land whales. Or, does he want a wind-change? A country run with the aim of producing individuals? A re-structuring of the education system and the abolishment of the National Curriculum and the introduction of education based on the attributes of individual children and the discouragement of herd mentality from an early age. The abolition of religious schools would be a start. Anyone else noticed that we never hear speak from an atheist politician? What happened? Even back in the '60s in the States they had Theodore Roosevelt?

Anyway. Have a nice weekend folks. Rant over, for now - I'm off to listen to the new Taake with my breakfast followed by the new Sargeist 7 inch over toast.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pmPosts: 1008Location: UK, London

ALIVE - VIDEO - http://vimeo.com/10346132
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFzjPmdQck
http://www.alexyork.co.uk/alive
http://www.myspace.com/alexyorkalive
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
To be honest, if Churchill was PM now he'd have only gone to the press to tell them to get real jobs.

Offline Profile