[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Perfect ratings in ZT

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  Perfect ratings in ZT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
Rude Form should have been picked for the magazine. 5.5/6 for sure [purely going on the whole "there is no such thing as a completely perfect album" thang]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
ooh, i didn't realise i'd not included it though... want me to dig out the text and send it over?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
Is it sad that I wanna read it too? lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:14 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I honestly haven't heard Rude Form, to be entirely honest Citizen Besty.
I was actually going to ask you to reccomend me some noise, as I recently realised it was a little silly that I'll happily listen to Mike Patton making a bloody stupid racket for an hour, or Sunn O))) making three year long riffs but won't listen to explosions and yelling.
Just not utter shite like Minoise :p

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Skullflower

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Actually, I quite like what I've heard by Skullflower.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
I don't like Skullflower all that much. Live they bored me to tears. They seemed to spend the whole time setting up, and when they did finally kick off they stopped after about 30 seconds because there was apparently "to much reverb". We like to much reverb!

Besty: I'm not sure what to recommend. From what I can glean from your musical tastes you don't much like the KOVOROX Sound/At War With False Noise stuff I adore. One artist i'll recommend to anyone interested in power electronics is You might remember seeing him in the powerlines section a few issues back. His music drips with both menance and beauty and is often (dare I say it) quite catchy. This is especially noticeable on tracks like The One True Stillborn and With These Two Bare Hands... Even if you don't like noise you might like the industrial evil ambience on offer. If your then feeling a bit more adventurous you can listen to the chaotic clatter of songs like Body and We Suffer In Silence.

Thinking about it you might appreciate some of the more old school PE/noise bands like The Grey Wolves and Throbbing Gristle. In particular look up Not Your Country[/i[ by the former and [i]Urge To Kill by the latter. Both extremely violent sounding but memorable tracks. TGW and TG have plenty of modern day admirers that are clearly influenced (directly or indirectly) by either/both bands. has a uniquely hopeless and cynical edge to his otherwise eclectic output that I quite like. There is a musical, even drone aspect to his music that sounds like a logical entension of TG's Slugbait track. Listen to The Fifth Wife on his myspace to see what I mean. Its a bit livelier than some of his other work.

Check out Content Nullity's friend list for some equally interesting acts. I get the feeling you might like some of the more 'industrial purist' output, as opposed to some of the irreverent and ironic stuff I indulge in.