[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - The Browning? Really?

<  Music  ~  The Browning? Really?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
in Zero Tolerance? And then as if to make it worse you call them death metal??

Has someone been round at ZT HQ givign out free lobotomies or something?

There's "representing the sonically unacceptable" and there's taking the piss giving a double page spread to a band that openly list Asking Alexandria and Attack Attack as some of the biggest influences.

Who next, Suicide Silence or Fall Of Troy?

Still, at least it's concrete proof that owning a Carcass shirt does not a death metal band make.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 pmPosts: 34Location: Derbyshire
The Browning: at least their name suits them haha! I wouldent piss on them if they were on fire c**ts!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
HOW DARE THEY EVEN CONSIDER PUTTING IN A BAND THAT PEOPLE DON'T LIKE.

I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS BAND, OR ANY OF THE OTHERS MENTIONED, EXCEPT FOR CARCASS, AND THEY SUCKED AFTER THEIR DEMOS.
THAT'S HOW FUCKING FALSE YOU ALL ARE WHEN COMPARED TO ME.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:16 pmPosts: 285Location: Birmingham
Gosh. The kids are daring to go agianst the older conservative death metal generation and put their own twist on it, adding breakdowns and rave synths.

Let's hang them for rebelling against 'the rules' and creating their own hybrid sound.

Fuck off.

The kids may well look and sound like shit. But the reason they are doing it is because of posts like this.

Suicide Silence should be in Zero Tolerance. They are an extreme metal band.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
I LIE AWAKE AT NIGHT WEEPING THAT YOU'RE NOT HERE, DOOM, YOU MISERABLE METAL FUCK.
THANK ROTTENNESS YOU'RE BACK.
YOUR TENT OR MINE, BIG BOY?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:16 pmPosts: 285Location: Birmingham
If there was any fucker on here (to annoy) i'd be here more often.

x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK
I've missed this, I don't know who Browning are, gonna have to find out now!

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:46 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Cant wait for the reaction when they review Korns dubstep album, produced with a lot of help from Skrillex :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 am Reply with quote
Metal bands have had crap synths for years....

Nocturnus anyone?

Dream Theatre, Cradle of Filth?

There's nothing chavvy about it...KIds have discovered that having dance elements in your metal makes people have a good time and probably gets a few chicks into it.

Kids are all about mixing styles these days because they are absorbing so many different things from the internet (and the world around them).

Sure, some of it works, some of it is crap, but there is no reason not to engage with it or take it seriously, because after all it's as valid as any other musical form, because people are enjoying it.

Plus, we've seen the success of hybrid bands lately (like enter shikari), who make the modern kids bounce.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Explain,

Why is 'something wrong' if kids need or want to have dance with their metal?

You're need to expand.

I just pointed out that modern youth groups have different influences these days...hip hop, dubstep, r n b etc...

This will filter into heavy music aswell. Shouldn't we support the cross pollunation of genres a little? I know some of it sounds mismatched, but it seems to make sense to them.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:14 pmPosts: 4
I don't really care what kids "mix in".

But why should we accept these things mixing in? I don't really understand the value of mix genres of music together. It doesn't really matter whether or not "kids" these days do it, I just don't understand the value of "accepting" it.

As far as the Browning goes, they just sound like bad Fear Factory to me. I don't hear anything in the music that hasn't been done over and over again by much better bands. I don't hear a shred of originality in them.

All that being said, Who really cares if they make music? Or if Zero Tolerance writes a piece on them. I may not personally see how they fit into metal, but maybe ZT is trying to reach out to fans of terrible industrial metal. Who knows? :)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Never heard The Brownng and got no interest to but this thread pretty much sums up everything tht is wrong with metal.

Lets be fair, 'walk ths way' was a failure of a song....merging rock and a hip-hop, what a failure that turned out to be.

Lets be fair, who'd even consider merging jazz into metal, like anyone done a succesful career out of that...

Then blues based guitar in metal, pff, what a failure that must be...

Folk into metal? Fuck off, like anyone going to endores that?!

Next thing you'll know, people be wanting to introduce classical music, I mean come on, like that would ever work!

Dubstep getting chucked to one side? Behave, it been on the go since the early 90s at least, only because it mainstream for a few years doesn't mean its redundant no more than metla is redundant just because it tries to avoid the main stream yet probably next to dance, current metal bands are probably the biggest pull to a live festival.