[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - stupidity

<  Non-music  ~  stupidity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:07 pmPosts: 1144Location: Chester
ok. So we get to "negotiate" what we do for two of our assignments at uni in our final year, so for my first one I decided to do one aimed at debunking the myths and fake (mainly Christian-produced) bullshit about Satanism & the Occult commonly accepted as the truth by the dumb masses...

I need to back it up with a ton of research, to go with the background info on the main occultist religions & practices; namely things that I can print off/ photocopy showing some of the mindless bullshit propaganda that's been put out there about the occult & Satanism.

I've already stumbled on one Christian site that is deadly serious when it claims that Harry Potter is a most evil form of Satanic propaganda...

I need to find proof that they've tried to claim all heavy metal is evil and demands Satan-worship...

a little help please!

the more ridiculous the accusations the better! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:43 pm Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
Hmmm

Try looking at http://www.capalert.com, this site can be VERY amusing (check out the movie reviews, also they did a "back to school" guide a while ago that was full of misinformation, look for it :P)

Don't let the url put you off, the rotten.com library is AMAZING, there needs to be more sites like this!!! Check out the 'Bible' section, its full of fun facts for you to play with :P http://www.rotten.com/library/religion/ . Might be worth checking out some of the the televangelist profiles for some quotes... (http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/relig ... angelists/)

I don't knwo how much hlep this will be, but theres a few essays on how Juedo-Christian traditons are drawn from A few others (messopotaniam and polynesian if memory serves me right), which again, maybe fun to play with.... not exactly what your after, but its a start :P http://www.pantheon.org (Almost forgot, check out the mithras bit!!!)

Hope thats some help
[/url]

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:56 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:07 pmPosts: 1144Location: Chester

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:39 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:34 am Reply with quote
User avatarSpammerSpammerJoined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:08 amPosts: 622Location: Um Spirit World
Bluuuuuue Moooooooooountain, he say, "You silly student. When heep big brave stand over you with mighty tomahawk in hand, guarantee you stool you shreddies then pray to baby Jesus he leave you alone. You forget about hypocrisy then.
Never mind, soon be Hallowe'en, you make heap big fuss about Christian stealing Samhain. You final year paper at uni, it make good bumwipe.
Bluuuuuuue Moooouuuuuuntain, he say, you late for floorsweeping shift at McDonalds, you better run along paleface. How!!!!!!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:40 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:31 pmPosts: 2326Location: Birmingham

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:40 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTolerantTolerantJoined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:03 pmPosts: 71

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:14 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK
mmmm now lets think, who was that long haired Jew who was crucified who had something to do with Christianity....mmm!!!

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:02 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:56 amPosts: 59Location: Winnipeg, Canada
While I'm among the very last you'll ever hear coming to religion's defense, I'd like to point out a discrepancy in the project's aim and approach.

Seeking to expose the extreme, unfair, unbalanced, misleading, etc. representation Christianity has bestowed upon cultural facets of the occult is fine.. they like to factmuddle, might as well call them on it. But to use the most sore-thumb-extreme and loudmouth right-wing conservative Christian asshole groups around, and they certainly are the easiest to find, as representatives of the entire 'Christian' religious branch against which this case is being made..

..would be digging your argument a circular grave into hypocrisy, no? Besides, the Christians are such an easy target these days, with most on the verge of getting out of that crazy scene anyway.

And why not? It was never fun, and now it's not even convincing.

/ Amidst the very fluster that led to his dramatic suicide in a Tokyo subway tunnel, Moses was forced to concede that a banana is, after all, simply no match for an air horn. / www.UberMetal.com — More Powerful than a Thousand Hebrew Prophets
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:39 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:56 amPosts: 59Location: Winnipeg, Canada

/ Amidst the very fluster that led to his dramatic suicide in a Tokyo subway tunnel, Moses was forced to concede that a banana is, after all, simply no match for an air horn. / www.UberMetal.com — More Powerful than a Thousand Hebrew Prophets
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:51 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile