[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Trout, BM + Experiment

<  Non-music  ~  Trout, BM + Experiment

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Had a PM asking for some advice on dubstep albums to buy someone for Christmas.
bla bla bla, got to thinking that what if he asked someone else as well if they would give a totally different list and think mine was pants.

So, as work thought to give me a xmas bonus this year, i shall buy a black metal album with it.
I want people to PM me they're top 5 BM albums, that includes you Mods aswell, lazy sods!! And i shall buy the one that get mentioned the most.

Please don't post your list in this thread as sometimes i feel you might influence each other unintentionally with your suggestions.

I'll let it run til christmas or there abouts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:21 pmPosts: 1561Location: Kentish Town, London
Ok, its a Friday night and Im in alone (sob sob) so Ive just taken the time to send you mine. :P

Thrasherismus Loverasmus

Deathicus Fanaticus

Doomicus Worshippus

Blackist Hailist
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pmPosts: 1189Location: London
I sent Trout a PM, who else did? other than Thrash, we already know he did.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
I did.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:21 pmPosts: 1561Location: Kentish Town, London
oh yeh id forgotten id done this, do we get any feedback for being your willing and free research slaves?

Thrasherismus Loverasmus

Deathicus Fanaticus

Doomicus Worshippus

Blackist Hailist
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Think i've had 6 PMs so far, i shall list all results etc... probably sometime next week, have to say though, there is no consistancy at all.
Of the top of my head, i think one artist gets mentioned 3 times and one album gets mentioned twice.
Interesting...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quote
And the results,think i've got everyones who PM'd me, if you don't see your name let me know :)

Eccles
1. Burzum - Filosofem
2. Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk
3. Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
4. Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
5. Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

Thrash
Bathory - Blood Fire Death
Windir - Arntor
Funeral Mist - Salvation
Immortal - Sons Of Northern Darkness
Burzum - Filosofem

Claudia
Satyricon - The Shadowthrone
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Taake - Doeskvard
Abigor - Opus IV (no-one else will say this but it's feckin' awesome!!!)
Watain - Casus Luciferi

Reflector (his list reads the most kvlt for sure!)
Ravencult-Temples Of Torment
Nifelheim-Envoy Of Lucifer
Fortresse- Metal Noir Quebecois
Azaghal-Codex Antitheus (Another one that rocks, the opening riff is one of the beast metal riffs ever, including all sub-genres)
Akitsa-Sang Nordique

Gaendaal (cheers for offer, i'll try the winner of this and see how i stand)
Thorns - Thorns
Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
Immortal - At The Heart Of Winter
Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger
Craft - Terror Propaganda

PopeStephen
1. Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
2. Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters
3. Deathspell Omega - Kénôse
4. Arkhon Infaustus - Orthodoxyn
5. Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk

Belly (not cut n paste friendly, all artists/album name are oppoiste way!)
Nouveau Gloaming by <Code>
Filosofem by Burzum
Oathbound by Summoning
Beyond The Apocalypse by 1349
Sworn To The Dark by Watain

There we have it, looks like Burzum album is going to be the one to buy though if Emperor albums also be cheap i may pick some up as got mentioned the most just 2 different albums.
I shall leave you all to debate how awful each others lists are ( :D ) and I shall let you know my opinion once purchased and listened.

Whoops, i did miss one person, terribly awful thing of me to do!
Fluffer (bringing the mirth)
Living Colour
Living Colour
Living Colour
Living Colour
Living Colour

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
Mine is the most predictable. But I do cherish all those albums, so feck it. I'm not into BM hugely, just some stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:40 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK
I love everyone's lists :D Just checking out a couple of ones Reflector mentioned I hadn't heard, very nice!!

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pmPosts: 1189Location: London
Although this response is a bit late, I'm gonna do it anyway.

I found this really interesting.First deciding in what criteria I'd make my selections. After doing that I then chose them and thought "Is there any point as there's a high chance no one else will choose these so how's that help the results?" But then I thought honesty's the best policy.

And everyone's lists where interesting. And I wasn't expecting Belly to be the only one to put up a list of things I don't like with1 I think's ok. (Burzum) I expected Thrash to be the person to write a list I don't like, but he listed one of my all time favourite albums which I excluded for being first wave and therefore not apt for this experiment. I don't mean to be rude about your taste by the way Mr Maniac, just we have different areas of music we go for overall with a few awesome crossovers(Tribulation!!)

STill I reckon between us there's a really good selection as a beginners guide to Black Metal to start exploring and create a lexicon of the genre to push off from. Well done us and extra well done to trout for thinking of it and being a good sport and recommending Dub step to me so my little brother was well chuffed with his christmas presents. Huzzah!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Aw fancy recommending me some dubstep, trout? :P :P

Been kinda veering off from the DnB and IDM i usually listen to and been listening to a bit of dubstep, but I'm seriously limited on what I know. Would rather appreciate a few recommendations :) ...if it ain't too much trouble like :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK
Yeah it was interesting to see what everyone else put and classed as Black Metal., I personally wouldn't have counted Bathory in this as it is earlier Thrashy stuff (and some of my favourite music too :D) but it doesn't really matter I guess!

I don't really know but Dubstep is but I believe you dance to it like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew1q-qSMZ5A

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile