[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - first issue

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  first issue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:28 pmPosts: 3Location: WINCHESTER UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:39 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pmPosts: 1008Location: UK, London

ALIVE - VIDEO - http://vimeo.com/10346132
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFzjPmdQck
http://www.alexyork.co.uk/alive
http://www.myspace.com/alexyorkalive
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:28 pmPosts: 3Location: WINCHESTER UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pmPosts: 1008Location: UK, London

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:44 pmPosts: 1086Location: North East, England

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:11 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:41 pmPosts: 956

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSite AdminSite AdminJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 532Location: England
Hi everyone,

Hi Macrocosmic fortitude. cheers for the kind words!

Like Toozey says, there's not much news-worthy in the Mithras camp at the moment, but like Mothermachine says, i'm working on album 3 and we are also rehearsing our new drummer for some shows early next year. Our attaining a live drummer is in the zt news section as far as i know.

As Mothermachine says : -

ZT are not Mithras

Mithras are not ZT.

Exactly, its just Lee and I happen to work on the magazine amongst 20 other people! But, Mithras won't be ignored, just like we wouldn't ignore Nuclear Assault just cos Dan Lilker is doing a column for us. All music magazines inevitably feature bands that people who work for the magazine are either in or know very well, it simply can't be helped with such a close knit bunch of people, if there was some rule whereby you couldn't feature anyone you know, the mag would be full of malaysian bands! actually err i know some malaysian bands..... :roll:

To be honest i haven't got any spare time to write a dedicated column for zt, guitar based or not, being the director of zt is time consuming enough! If you've got any questions, email me at leon@mithras.org.uk, i'll try my best to answer em 8) . I'm not ruling out ever contributing to the magazine as a musician (at the moment I co write the home-recording section as well as doing a few normal features and reviews) it's just i don't have time at the moment and we are trying to get someone well known to contribute another column..... for issue #002 onwards.

cheers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:41 pmPosts: 956
...alrighty, I actually sat down and read the bastard. Bloody good effort - well-written, informative, and generally unopinionated, which I like. Writers know what they're talk about and don't use meaningless bullshit hyperbole (no, Dillinger Escape Plan are NOT the most extreme or technical band around, T*rr*r*z*r).

Nice interviews and columns, too! Dan Lilker AND Derek Roddy? Fuck me, my head's exploded with joy. A couple of the interviews could have been longer, and some of the font colours are annoying (yellow or light-ish orange never works on white), but these are minor gripes.

Reviews are well written and entertaining.

All in all, there's obviously a lot of love and attention gone into this, and it's paid off. Long may it last.

...on a side-note, whoever said that there's no Nu-Metal is patently lying. Adema are mentioned! You traitors! :P

...okay, so that's entirely Earache's fault for signing the hacks in the first place. Oh well. Keep it up.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:59 pmPosts: 5Location: Inverness, Scotland
I had the fortune of noticing it in Inverness, a town about as well known for it's metal scene as it is for...well anything really. Never heard of it before at all, but what the hell, £2.80 is not massive financial loss. I've got to say it was a pretty interesting read.

I mean I could be critical of the fact that's a little too thin for my liking, but I'll certainly be a regular reader/buyer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:31 amPosts: 15Location: West Brom

Offline Profile