[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Issue one released - Opinions?

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  Issue one released - Opinions?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:27 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:07 pmPosts: 1144Location: Chester

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:44 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:13 pmPosts: 17Location: under the bed with the dustbunnies
I'm another one that liked the size of the magazine - it means I don't have to fold it to put it in my bag!

Anyway, I thought the Red Harvest article was excellent and all of the reviews seemed to be to the point. The only thing I would like added is more unsigned bands, but I think I read somewhere (either on this thread or in the magazine itself) that there would be something like this soon.

And... cheers for the CD! :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:59 pmPosts: 5Location: Inverness, Scotland
It wasn't bad at all for a first issue of a magazine, & the more things for me to read the better frankly. Nice to have a new one to go through.

Though it's still a bit thin, the articles that you did have were well written & interesting, I particularly liked the Darkthrone interview as a recent convert.

Put it like this, I'll see what I can do about spreading the word amongst my mates!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:40 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:43 pmPosts: 38Location: Stoke-on-Trent
please dont be like terrorizer and put too much black metal in. please.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarTolerantTolerantJoined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:35 amPosts: 73

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:43 pmPosts: 38Location: Stoke-on-Trent

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:24 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:16 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:47 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:16 pm Reply with quote
test

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:18 pm Reply with quote
great I dont have to register :lol:

magazine looks very good expcet a few design niggles and really small text in places. Overall the reviews were to the point and interesting but I felt the Boyd Rice and Cathedral review were cut way too short. In particular, the cathedral review did really seem to go anywhere.

Other than that the size is nice and convienient and everything was well done. With a few more issues down the line I'm sure it will mature like Terrorizer did but hopefully still keep interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:59 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:50 pmPosts: 146Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:13 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:07 pmPosts: 1144Location: Chester
where were the unsigned bands that aren't black metal though? :P

you have to give ZT credit for doing that though, as none of the other publications seem to give a flying fuck about unsigned bands.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:37 pm Reply with quote
well, it's a small section to start with, but unsigned // underground (particulary homegrown talent, though not overlooking those from far away lands) are a particular concern for us...

demo reviews will run within the main review section 'sentencing' (not packed off elsewhere where they're difficult to find, or omitted when space is needed for, erm, something "more worthy") from issue 002, as it says in the magazine. we only had a couple to review sent this issue and so it seemed a little daft running two demo reviews when we can run a bigger bunch that'll stand out better in their own section with issue 002.

beneath the remains is a section within the magazine that'll be expanded upon... especially when we go up in pagination as the magazine grows.

ooh, and, they aren't all black metal in issue 001 :wink: i ask you, would a bm band supply a band pic of themselves waving like little kids do out the back window of a coach? haha - there's a mix in there... all very much worth checking out too.

:megaphone: lisa

Offline Profile