[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Cover CD

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  Cover CD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:51 am Reply with quote
Hey guys, could you give me details about how to be featured on the cover CD? We have some high quality tracks we feel worthy of a spot.. (listen below)

Played gigs with cruel humanity and diamanthian.. glad to see them on this issues cd! :)

www.atuk18.dsl.pipex.com/scion.mp3 - Chaos Incarcerated - Scion

Sorry to be a blatent self plug, but I'd like to get either this track or a track from our next release on the CD is possible.

all_guitars_suck@hotmail.com
www.chaosincarcerated.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:31 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:27 pmPosts: 651Location: Behind you...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:37 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:29 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:37 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:21 pmPosts: 48Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire, England

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:52 am Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
an unsigned/up and coming bands cd would give me a huge stonk-on.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:57 am Reply with quote
Thing is, to do that on a magazine, you'd need to be really selective if tagging the CD as upcoming / best of unsigned bands - and considering tracks are sold just like ads are sold, it would be impossible to do an entire CD of unsigned bands and label it 'honestly' as 'the best unsigend acts'. That would be like tagging all labels that advertise as 'the best labels' around. I haven't a magazine that has or could manage that - though to entice people on, I'm certain they'd happily add to the value of the advertising by labelling a CD in that way. Sad but true.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:08 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:21 pmPosts: 48Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
have the bands got ot be known to be on you CD's, take it that deos help for sales
actually the CD i have got,w hich is actually signed to a label, jam centrel in buckingham. The band is called darcspire, professional recording etc 6 song mini album if you will

If you want to here a song i'll e-mail ya one

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:20 am Reply with quote
Well, you don't HAVE to advertise it as "the best" of anything... If you wanted something attention grabbing...errr...say you called the cd "The Underdogs" or whatever make the cd insert look like a dogfood label (that'd get my attention anyway) and give it a dogfoodesque catchline, like "Made from random cuts of the uk underground metal scene, contents not intended for consumption", if I can do it, anyone can.

Or maybe I'm stoned and cant stop laughing about how dumb the idea I just had was.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:23 am Reply with quote
No it's not dumb at all, it's a good suggestion (nice to see you being sensible for once :wink:) - but it depends what quality control a mag wants to put in place. I think it's cool to have a mix of signed and unsigned bands as that way unsigned get exposure with the more established bands and have more of a chance of not getting overlooked.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:24 am Reply with quote
That was meeeeeee.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:29 am Reply with quote
actually what did you think of the midway review i sent u ages ago( just rememebered) i know its not as heavy as the stuff in zero and besdie any spelling mistakes.

i dont think i heard any comments back

just wondering

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:33 am Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:59 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:10 pmPosts: 2424Location: Brighton

Offline Profile