[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Alan Averill vs Nightwish

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  Alan Averill vs Nightwish

Nightwish: what's the ZT reader verdict?

Antithesis to metal
84%
[ 21 ] 84%

Audio delight
16%
[ 4 ] 16%

Total votes : 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:49 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I honestly have to say that even though I really don't like Nightwish, and wishing no offence to Alan Averill, this column was easily the most uninteresting thing in the whole issue.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
well, hopefully the rest makes up for the disappointment (aside from any other niggles you might have - which are always interesting to hear!)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I love ZT and it's the only magazine to date that I've never chucked an issue of, and I'm grateful for the amount of opinions and the diversity of the content, even when there's stuff that doesn't interest me.

Good journalism :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:53 pmPosts: 2
See now i disagree with what everyone is saying...

I LOVED THIS COLUMN.

The thing about it was, it is funny and it is true. I can completly imagine the thing with the guy in the Testament Tshirt and then "its not even half metal" line had me chocking on the pepsi i was drinking on the train cause its not only something that i can imagine happening but i swear something similar happened when i went to Gods of metal last year and we wer all moaning about some shit that was on.

The thing is the article is funny... probs cause it does show lots of senarios that i have been a part of/witnissed...

then it also does provide a thought provoking peice about how metal has lost its danger factor which is also true, something alot of metal forums have been discussing recently.

Great article ! Keep it up! It is for this that i am picking up the next issue, i started to loose faith a bit because thier isnt alot in the magazine that appeals to me but i wanna see what he has to say this issue!

Keep it up dude!
-Josh

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
His new article is good though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
Nightwish are fucking funny, after a few seconds of hearing them you just think "Woah..... I bet those guys are huge in Germany...."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Low ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:39 pmPosts: 150
Everything said in the view from the bunker column is spot on.
Especially liking it from #27, so much in this issue just makes you want to laugh at the ppl that try censoring or protesting against the bands.in the end the joke's on them, and they deserve it.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:24 pm Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
Derailing the topic slightly, but who would win in a fight, Nightwish or Mortiis?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
Even though he's only two foot tall, Mortiis would win.

I've met Mortiis at Satans Hollow in Manchester. He was great, and the band played like a gothic Ramones.
We punched and hugged outside the toilets.

It wasn't as kinky as I am making it sound.
Though he is a fit motherfucker. :twisted:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:18 am Reply with quote