[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Some thoughts regarding issue 30

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  Some thoughts regarding issue 30

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
CURRENT 93!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[comes 9000 times a second]

Thanks for that ZT. Just imagine. If i'm this excited now imagine how ecstatic i'll be when I actually get to read it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
haha :) cool, glad you're stoked! it's not a mega-length piece but it's intriguing all the same, as if anything david tibet has to say isn't! hope you enjoy it.

do you subscribe? if so, copies have already been mailed so it won't be long till it makes an appearance.

speak later!

L

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I keep meaning to resubscribe, I mean, I get the issue without fail every release, and that Earache thing looks pretty badass.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
ah so you liked that bit of the card! :)

yeah, those box-sets are pretty nifty - they really won't hang about for long so if you're going to order, do it sooner rather than later. we have copies in.

thanks for reading the mag anyways!

L

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:49 pmPosts: 658Location: 'Nam
1.5 for Suicide Silence - really?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:20 pmPosts: 12

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:05 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:17 pm Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
I must admit that I like folk music, but Current 93's 'apocalyptic folk' efforts are fucking hilarious, for example;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXVQntegNeQ

You'd need a lot of Flora to get that head out of that arse, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:20 pmPosts: 12
My first Current 93 song was 'The Frolic'. I confess I haven't been a fan for all that long; I first read about them in ZT and searched them on youtube, and this was the first one to come up. I loved them so much I had to get some albums.

Although David Tibet comes under a fair bit of stick for his eccentricity he gets his own back, for example on 'A Gothic Love Song', which I just love. I love his vocal style, it's totally different to the more traditional folk artists (whom I also love). I like a bit of beauty and delicacy as well as brutality when it comes to music.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Vocals and lyrics aside, I enjoyed the music of that Current 93 track

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:21 pmPosts: 1561Location: Kentish Town, London
^^^ Yes I rather liked that song too.

I realise I have probably had ample chance to find out in various editions of ZT and through Belly's incessant bummage of Current 93, but where should one start with Current 93? Im looking at their discography on Wikipedia now and it's longer than a trip to the moon and back.

And while we're at it, throw me some of the top top top neo-folk/dark ambient/whatsyakidscallingittoday-core stuff. Ive heard of lots of names, largely through ZT, but not yet taken the plunge into the genre. I probably should. :!:

Thrasherismus Loverasmus

Deathicus Fanaticus

Doomicus Worshippus

Blackist Hailist
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:45 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pmPosts: 1189Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 am Reply with quote
Of Ruine Or Some Blazing Starre is one of his most atmospherically folky. Features some of his best and often more subtle lyrics, at least compared to what would come later on record like Black Ships Ate The Sky. Worth it for the track 'The Teeth Of The Winds Of The Sea' alone.

The Inmost Light is one of his saddest, atmospheric and eclectic records. Features one of his eeriest ambient pieces called 'Twilight Twilight Nihil Hihil', some of best folk style tracks can be found on this one as well, including 'The Stars Are Marching Sadly Home' which is 22 minutes long! Admittedly not the easiest listen in the world but it will grow on you.

I've overlooked Dogs Blood Rising until recently, its quickly becoming one of my favorite C93 album. Reissued from the original 1984 release, it is nethertheless one of the bands most difficult, experimental and utterly evil record i've personally heard.

Black Ships Ate The Sky was the first C93 album I brought and the one which launched my love affair with anything David Tibet related, as well as dark/neo/apocalyptic folk in general. Admittedly it features about 7 billion versions of the same song 'Idumea' yet bizarrely this is one of C93's most acessible and engaging works. The title track quite frankly (and bizarrely) rocks.

Imperium isn't an easy record to swallow being one of the most bleakly minimal, weird and droning C93 releases i've heard. Put this one on your maybe list.

SixSixSix: SickSickSick is a good album if you want to get a small chunk of all the bands styles. 'Thats All, Folks' is a pulsating gem of a ambient/noise track, 'Lucifer Over London' is an absolute anthem for end times, 'Tamlin' is Tibets 10 minute intepretation of a medieval bardic poem, and (prepare yourself) 'The Seven Seals Are Revealed At The End Of Time As Seven Bows: The Bloodbow, The Pissbow, The Painbow, The Faminebow, The Deathbow, The Angerbow, The HoHoHoHoBow' is one of most lyrically surreal songs ever.

Birth Canal Blues continues along the same surreal apocalyptic folk path but with some interesting progressive and industrial elements, much more pronounced on this release than perhaps any other. His distorted vocals on 'She Took Us To The Places Where The Sun Sets' need to be heard to be believed. I'm still scared from the first time I heard them.

I've got the whole weekend off, so i'll share some of my favorite non-C93 releases with you soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259