[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - ISSUE 030 ONSALE NOW!

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  ISSUE 030 ONSALE NOW!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
In case you missed it, it's onsale now and here's the official blurb :D

“I have no respect for politicians and presidents. They’re such backward-thinking human beings.” Nergal, Behemoth

Behemoth frontman Adam 'Nergal' Darski speaks in the latest issue of Zero Tolerance Magazine about the conclusion of his recent defamation case against Polish politician Ryszard Nowak, head of the Committee For Defence Against Sects which, similarly to the PMRC in the '80s, has attempted to have various rock and metal artists – Behemoth included – proscribed in Poland. “In a 20-minute interview, he [Nowak] called me a criminal several times because of what I did,” Nergal relates, referring to a Behemoth show in Poland where he was filmed tearing a bible. “But the fact is that I didn’t do anything that he could consider criminal because I wasn’t sentenced or convicted. It was lawless to call me that. I didn’t feel offended, of course, but I played that I did and I went to court. It was a small YouTube channel and maybe 15,000 people who saw it. I thought, 'You know what? Maybe this guy, maybe someone’s gotta fucking put him in his place,'... So I’m gonna do it. I invested some money, I brought him to court, and I won everything. He’s got to pay for this homeless dogs’ asylum, pay all the costs in the case, and apologise in the biggest Polish newspaper. I think it’s a fair deal. We have free speech, but y’know, we also have a genetic condition...I don’t know what to say – I have no respect for politicians and presidents. They’re such backward-thinking human beings."

Turning his attention to Behemoth's new album Evangelion, Nergal reveals that an epic three-year tour is planned to promote the offering: “ I love touring, and I love staying at home. I’ve been at home for months; it feels like forever, and y’know, I’m loving it. I have my regime, my discipline, my training, my work, my home and my hobbies. At the same time, I can’t wait to get my ass on the road and wake up in a different place every day. I’d never change a single thing in my life because this is a good place for me to be – talking about my new record. It gives sense to my life; it defines me as a human being.”

Behemoth aren't the only Poles to feature in the new issue of Zero Tolerance – this issue also sees the return of the legendary Vader, who talk about the changes extreme music in Poland has undergone during the quarter-century-plus they have been active. And proving that Vader aren't the only 'veterans' with plenty to offer, Suffocation, Obituary and Current 93 all join in the fun, along with Shining, Municipal Waste, Slough Feg, God Dethroned, Anaal Nathrakh, Job For A Cowboy, Man Must Die, Asphyx, Grunt, Death Pact International, Diocletian, Tetianblood and many more!

ZERO TOLERANCE ISSUE 030, JUL/AUG 2009. ONSALE 15 JULY!!!

Available from WHSmith, Borders, HMV, John Menzies, Barnes & Noble (US) and all good independent newsagents. Subscriptions and back issues available from http://www.ztmag.com.

ZERO TOLERANCE MAGAZINE
REPRESENTING THE SONICALLY UNACCEPTABLE
BUY IT. READ IT. SPREAD DISSENT.
http://www.ztmag.com

Since its inception in 2004, Zero Tolerance has set the agenda for extreme music, representing the sonically unacceptable without compromise, exposing the darkest, most obscure recesses of the musical imagination and celebrating its diversity. From black, death and folk metal through to industrial, noise, power electronics and neofolk, Zero Tolerance has consistently covered the music that other publications simply don't even know about - and while they play catch-up, ZT remains several steps ahead.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
The CD was good, though to be fair I was only in it for the new Vader track, but the rest of the stuff on display was pretty good.
Contents of magazine were good, no major complaints.
Glad Adam Whatshisface is on board as I'd be a bit let down if at least one of you was a miserable fucker 8)

The letter from the Welsh chap has inspired me to send a letter in contradicting him.
It will be as witty as a hammer, as subtle as a gangrape and as badly written as any Dan Brown book.
I'm expecting him to write another letter, actually, as Nergal from Behemoth has recently appeared on the cover of Metal Hammer lately amongst all the other winners of the Golden Gods and some other guys. WEERUGGGH COMMERCIAL!!!!!!!!!!1111111111one
That show was fucking cool, incidentally.
Cronos gave Ihsahn an award for being awesome.
Re-read that. Motherfucking Cronos gave Motherfucking Ihsahn an award for being awesome.

I would like to ask about one of the comments on the card thing that came with the mag.
What the fuck is "Real Underground Reporting"?

- Your staff vanish from the earth after conducting their interviews via 8-track recording exchange sent by disciples through a subterrenean network of tunnels of black ice while said staff are dressed as sith lords?

- Only 500 copies of each issue are printed and unsold ones are burnt?

- Bullshit statement that doesn't actually mean anything and is scientifically designed solely to annoy people at Terrorizer? Novel approach, I've never heard of anyone cringing to death

I'm sorry, ZT, I really am, but, MY BRAIN HURTS

*Insert picture of John Cleese with fake moustache, towel over head and wearing tiny glasses*

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote
oh. does it sound that bad?

well, we need to point this stuff out - that we cover *underground* material, as not everyone will know that - and that we do is something that separates us from other magazines really. for those who have never bothered picking us up, this may be the clincher. maybe i can think of a better way of saying it. but i guess that if this comment on a piece of advertising material is your only significant complaint, then that's not bad going is it. :)

actually, it's not a dig at terrorizer at all. i don't have time to think about petty oneupmanship - i have tunnels to dig goddamit!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I didn't mean to imply that there was some sort of "Ragh, destroy Terrorizer vibe" it was just a facetious comment :)
Well, Terrorizer does a lot of underground shit.
Metal Hammer does some underground shit.
Reason I like Metal Hammer, in fact, is because it's ALMOST fucking everywhere in the wide, wide, ranges of metal.
Reason I prefer Zero Tolerance is because there's more extreme shit :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote
yes, and a lot of the more extreme shit is more underground. it's advertising blurb. whaddya want? the moon on a stick :wink:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pmPosts: 1008Location: UK, London
fucking postie didn't get to my flat today. bastards................

ALIVE - VIDEO - http://vimeo.com/10346132
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFzjPmdQck
http://www.alexyork.co.uk/alive
http://www.myspace.com/alexyorkalive
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote
crap! do they ever deliver on a saturday? hopefully they'll bother and you'll have it tomorrow then...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pmPosts: 1008Location: UK, London
sometimes. rarely.

they mostly just deliver twice a week at around 2pm and deliver my stuff to the flat above me. retards!

think i'll just go and buy a copy from smiths tomorrow instead.

did you get my e-mail about Patricia wanting some copies?

ALIVE - VIDEO - http://vimeo.com/10346132
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFzjPmdQck
http://www.alexyork.co.uk/alive
http://www.myspace.com/alexyorkalive
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:03 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:35 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTolerantTolerantJoined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:09 amPosts: 69Location: London
Another awesome issue. I really need to pull my finger out and subscribe though, as nowhere near me stocks it and I end up having to go into town specifically to pick it up. ZT is the only magazine I read nowdays as it actually does cover a lot of extreme underground metal bands as opposed to just talking about it and not delivering the goods. I could have done without the job for a cowboy interview, but at least it didn't focus on the "music" at all, just the vocalists hippy beliefs. There are always going to artists covered that I'd prefer were not, but in terms the worthy vs unworthy ratio, ZT comes out tops by a country mile. Good work ladies and gents.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:38 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX