[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - issue 38?

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  issue 38?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 pmPosts: 12
no sign of issue 38 in any news stand in the countie or webstore as promised :( :guillotine:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:16 pmPosts: 7Location: Oxfordshire
Surely you're not surprised? When is ZT ever published on time?!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:52 pmPosts: 12
realy i am shocked actualy i never wanted a copy of ZT as soon as it was availble before but with the others getting so elitest im switching to it, but as is with all press its quickly old news and hense worthless, it doesnt take a geniouse to realise the key to succesfull press is to be damn quick to the news stand otherwise the consumer will simple pick up the other mag and the repeate buisness and reputation for being first on the shelves with the most up to date news is lost! metal edge anyone? hsry for spelling btw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pmPosts: 1008Location: UK, London
well... excellent to hear you're moving to ZT :)

but you said yourself that you want to switch to ZT because the others are becoming too elitist (a polite way of putting it if I may say so. another word would be "shite".), so your reason for reading isn't to keep up with the latest news going on, rather you want a higher quality magazine, which is an excellent reason to read ZT!

to be honest the website has plenty of news on it and I think news is only one facet of the magazine and one reason amongst many why people buy ZT. this ain't a newspaper after all. it's published once every 2 months, so it's far more of a long-term thing than most of the other shitrags out there that just print "news"and know you're gonna be done with it in a couple of weeks. i don't know about you but I don't think I've ever managed to read a whole issue of ZT from cover to cover in the 2 months before the next one's out!

it'll be well worth the wait as always. hope you enjoy 38 when you do get a copy :)

ALIVE - VIDEO - http://vimeo.com/10346132
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFzjPmdQck
http://www.alexyork.co.uk/alive
http://www.myspace.com/alexyorkalive
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote
yes but a good buisness aqumen never harmed anyone id hate to see it go the way of metal edge wouldnt you? but tbh id rather not waist bus mony traveling out to the nearest ZT newstand time and again only to come home empty handed cos deadlines wernt met its improfesional and and will just mean we end up settling for a terrorizor ect or just loose interest then it doesnt matter how good the mag is, sales are lost, shop demand doesnt escelate and people dont get paid. this is why we should be leaning on the staff, for there own good and benefit ugh!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pmPosts: 1008Location: UK, London
could always subscribe then? no more trecking to the shops.

ALIVE - VIDEO - http://vimeo.com/10346132
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlFzjPmdQck
http://www.alexyork.co.uk/alive
http://www.myspace.com/alexyorkalive
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:36 am Reply with quote
and trust/wait on postman p'R'at to bring me my metal, no doubt after they been issued to the shops? fuck that. il just have to learn to phone WHSmiths and ask em if its in there yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
You just can't please some people :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
I can understand that some people who aren't loyal will just buy what's available when they get to the newsstand - that's understandable. It's been a busy busy busy year and there have been a lot of changes at the magazine. This issue we moved the date intentionally as we have a big newsstand promotion happening with the first issue of 2011. This is due out 25th Jan hence the shift in dates this time round.

We had a couple of issues this year late due to staff illnesses and various other factors - call us unlucky! We are a professional company run by people who know the ins and outs of publishing as well as the music we write about. We are only human however, and so are all the people who contribute to the magazine / suppliers - and in this game, if one thing gets knocked off schedule it affects the whole.

That said, late publication is something I as publisher have to address by pain of death from our managing director! 2011 should see something of an improvement...

As for news, I don't think anyone would buy a bi-monthly magazine for news per se - we don't have a typical news section in the magazine itself. What you do get with ZT is a magazine that delivers credible and thought-provoking content that digs a little deeper than most of the material you'd find online or in our rival magazines on the UK newsstands.

All publication changes are reported on the ZT website.

Lisa

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:00 am Reply with quote
good, good to see initiative to dig your claws into the music abit further than just jumping on whats already popular and stating the obviouse hopefully my copy will be in the post tommoz anyway and il have something to read up on while im away from the computer :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Fucking MEGA issue!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:01 am Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:54 amPosts: 33
I am a subscriber and not seen issue 38 yet.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
User avatarSite AdminSite AdminJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 532Location: England

Offline Profile