Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - putting together a demo composing and arranging

<  Musicians' section  ~  putting together a demo composing and arranging

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:03 pmPosts: 1
I'm currently experimenting with completing a demo using drums and bass as a skeleton, are there any rules I don't know about? Do you know how to put riffs together? I am a seasoned musician, I understand most forms of music, but the only style that I like, brutal death metal I can't grasp. I write great riffs and great drums but when i put riffs together it sounds wrong. I have great rhythm can program drums and bass , play guitar use guitar pro etc. I can play a good deal of songs by morbid angel, decide etc

Everyone I ask says I'm looking into it too much, imho it sounds like the best songs stay on the same position on the neck and have some kind of modulating cycle in modal inversions ie bacteremia, brodequin, emnity, welding torture, mental apraxia, cranial disfigurement

Should I just go for it by ear like everyone says or are there general rules like obvious rules in dragon force and offspring songs?

yours :mrgreen:

Offline Profile