[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Extreme Views On Extreme Music By Extreme People

<  The Idiot Zone  ~  Extreme Views On Extreme Music By Extreme People

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:25 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:49 pmPosts: 658Location: 'Nam
How comes so many threads get locked?

You moderators are VERY heavy handed.

It seems that every thread I contribute to gets locked. I think I might be a black cat.

I think a lot of that stuff that gets locked prematurely is often because the moderators disagree with what is being posted, a prime example being the Darkest Hour thread shut by David - totally unwarranted. The thread hadn't done anything naughty, it was merely an age thing I think - depending of what generation of fan you are, determines what your perception of genre is. Kids today think Killswitch Engage are 'new metal' - whereas when I was a cub, that meant Coal Chamber.

That doom thread also got nipped in the bud too quickly. I would have certainly liked a right to reply to "Dan" from "Imitators" or whatever their name is. Myself and "Dan" have locked horns on a number of different message boards over his dislike of my band Charger. I'm pleased he dislikes us, but I wish he would spend a little more time scrutinising his own music a little closer, so his band might stop sounding like a fourth division My Dying Bride clone (who are shit in the first place), and play some gigs outside of Stoke, so he might not be jealous of our popularity/notoriety.

The obviously stupid threads like 'Metal Vs Everything Else' threads are blatantly more offensive to casual viewers than in depth discussions about genre classifications.

Remember kiddie winkies, EXTREME VIEWS ON EXTREME MUSIC BY EXTREME PEOPLE

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:53 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:31 pmPosts: 2326Location: Birmingham
Don't get a job as a school cleaner... thoose two little girls did'nt deserve it.

Look moderators decide, ive learnt that so should you and you even work for the magazine. Eitherway theres plenty of forums out there

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:03 am Reply with quote
I masturbated over Maxine Carr once. True story. Not actually her, but a photo of her. Just the once though.

EDIT: I moderate a number of forums, and have a reputation as a hard ass, and even I wouldn't shut half of these threads...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:31 pmPosts: 2326Location: Birmingham
EXTREME VIEWS means people are racist... i dont like racists, black people are ace!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:19 am Reply with quote
I might write a letter of complaint to Terrorizer about their black metal coverage, since the majority of bands covered are actually white.

Those racist bastards don't want no chocolate in their vanilla do they?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:24 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:44 pmPosts: 1086Location: North East, England
Well this is partly the reason why I didn't want to be seen as the admin anymore because I was getting the brunt of all these apparent lockings.

Honestly, I didn't lock many (any) threads and I did not lock that Darkest Hour thread. I would have been happy to carry it on.

Ives, I think alot of the threads you contribute to get locked because you either say something sarcastic and some people take it seriously and of course it turns into a slanging match.

It's nothing to do with if the mods or admins disagree with content, I certainly disagree with alot of people on the board but I'm not about to lock threads over it :roll:

Anyway, it's up to the admins. I think they are just trying to keep any slander/racism/sexism etc off the board. I don't think they are particulary heavy handed, I've posted on forums where the moderating is nazi like.

How do you guys think the admins should operate? I can certainly make suggestions to them.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:25 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK
I think people need to just relax! I can cope with the fact you (Ives) doesn't like doomy type bands! I never care what others think about what bands they/I like! I can understand though arguements over people's personal bands but maybe that should be kept to private messaging :?

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:44 am Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:46 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:44 pmPosts: 1086Location: North East, England

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:47 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I never said it was.

Oh and doomy bands I rate are people like Burning Witch and Leccy Wizard...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:36 pmPosts: 1474Location: house, cambridge