[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - RED HARVEST BREAK UP

<  Music  ~  RED HARVEST BREAK UP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
Who?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Fucking awesome industrial/black/death metal band.
Think Fear Factory, only Norwegien, extremely heavy and insane :p

I'd never heard of these til the first issue of Zero Tolerance, and I went and got Internal Punishment Programs on a whim, loved it to fucking death, and started tracking down their older stuff.
Gutted they're gone.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
Having a listen, sounds all right actually, reminds a bit of Devin Townsend kind of stuff, but not as mad.

I'm right on the cutting edge me, hearing about bands just as they go to pot.

EDIT: The 2nd song on their Myspace sounded like Clawfinger, maybe I wasn't missing out after all. Yuck.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Check out the albums Transit Gloria Mundi and Internal Punishment Programs.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:40 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
If you're going to write off their entire discography as a Devin Townsend rip-off then frankly you're fucking retarded.
They've been around as long if not longer than Devin Townsend - they formed in the mid-to-late 80s originally as a Slayer tribute act then started writing their own material - and they owe FAR FAR more of their sound to Godflesh, Ministry and the likes of GGFH than ANYTHING whatsoever to do with Devin Townsend.

Fucking gutted I never got to see them live, especially as it makes the fact I have the STGM artwork as a tattoo as well.

Fuck Internal Punishment Programs though. That's by far the worse one to introduce someone to Red Harvest with.

Personally if I was to introduce someone to the band I'd go something like 'Sick Transit Gloria Mundi' or 'A Greater Darkness' then either 'Cold Dark Matter' or 'There's Beauty In The Purity Of Sadness' then 'HyBreed' or 'The MazTurnation EP'.

While Internal Punishment Programs has some very good songs on there, for the most part I find it's pretty sub-par compared to their other releases.

All in all there's a LOT of very good, not to mention insanely underrated music waiting to be found for anyone that bothers to look into their back catalogue.

Seriously one of the most fucking underrated bands there's been in metal the last decade.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:31 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
PULSE MAVERNS IS PSYKLONIC ONLY NOW MORE OF A POSER

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA :guillotine: :guillotine: :hammer: :frank: :shedevil: :megaphone: :evilegypt: :egypt: :pirate:

THESE LITTLE YELLOW PEOPLE ARE IN AGREEMENT.
SOMEONE SEND HORSE FLUFFER IN SO HE CAN MAKE A JOKE ABOUT HOW I JUST SAID LITTLE YELLOW PEOPLE.
AND THEN DIG UP THAT PRICK BLUE MOUNTAIN SO HE CAN POST UM PHOTO OF PSYKLONIC'S BACK TATTOO WITH INSERT UM COCK HERE ON IT.
HILARITY.

DITCH THIS SHIT.
RED HARVEST ARE WORSE THAN JUDAS PRIEST WHEN THEY WENT SHIT.
AND THAT'S A VERY SHIT SHIT TO BE SHITTER THAN.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:42 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
Are you the poster boy for post-natal euthanasia?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:40 pm Reply with quote
ONLY IF YOU'RE THE POSTER BOY FOR DYING ALONE.
SEE, I CAN BE UNWITTY TOO.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Low ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:17 pmPosts: 166Location: Lincoln, UK
Offu Khan used to be in another norwegian industrial band, . Track down their shit, and I'll be impressed. As far as I am aware, all noteworthy industrial metal/rock out of Norway was born out of that particular band. On one side you had Red Harvest, the other you have Zeromancer. Well, managed to see them live 3 times, and tho minimal in their own individual stage antics, their music complemented their rather static stance. And they were ace to chat to in the bar after their shows. Just really into doing their thing and being cool with the kids. When I saw them in Oslo for the Greater Darkness release party, Bard Faust was front row with Frost, rockin out big time.

Well, I'm a little sad inside now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
I only need one industrial styled metal album I need in my life is Data Plague by Primary Slave.

JUST TO MUCH TO SWALLLLOOOWWWWW!!!

[/lyrics out of context = good times]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:07 pm Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
I never saw the fuss about Red Harvest to be honest..... They always sounded like a bunch of angry nerds, you know?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:46 pm Reply with quote
INFORM RIPLEY! FLUFFER DOESN'T LIKE SOMETHING!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote