[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Tool not on Metal Archives?

<  Music  ~  Tool not on Metal Archives?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:07 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
Does anyone else thing this is exceedingly gay? Image

They are surely metal, and they're very good. There isn't a sniff of nu metal or anything bollocks about them, surely?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Tool are alright, those citizens make some great lyrics, and they're definitely some kind of metal. Pity Citizen Keenan is a gigantic gimp and their drummer is a grade A batshit psycho. I'm thinking this is just to disencourage fucking Tool fans from posting on the MA forums. Those guys are more annoying than Doctor Rat Ass For Arms and his cyber emo rat minions.

Anal C[i][u][/u][/i]unt aren't on there for some bollocks about No Grindcore, yet Pig Destroyer, Nasum and HeWhoCorrupts are there.
Same for Raging Speedhorn.

This disrespect makes my superblood superboil.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:03 amPosts: 20
What are the requirements? I must know before I go in to one about Of the Wand & the Moon having a page. I find the whole grind issue very annoying.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarTolerantTolerantJoined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:27 amPosts: 61
The Metal-Archives are usually pretty inconsistent when it comes to those things. Some of the bands there on the archives don't have much of a metallic sound, yet somehow they made it there: Of The Wand and Moon just as Shit Eagle mentioned, Scott Kelly, Steve Von Till among others. On the other hand: Between The Buried and Me, Rosetta, Magrudergrind & Genghis Tron aren't there. Actually some of those were on the Archives at some point, then they were removed because according to the mods, those bands were attracting scene kids and trolls.

Regarding Tool, they're an excellent band. But truthfully speaking, I don't think of them as a metal band. They have some heavy stuff, but no so metallic to grant them a place in there.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
Metal Archives terrifies me. Wasn't our Orion exiled to the frozen shadow caves of falseness for making a light-hearted joke about a bands correct subgenre? MA seems to be ruled by a harrowing pre-human logic all of its own making. Is like the mad god Azazoth and The Patriots from the Metal Gear Solid series combined into one unspeakable whole.

That being said Besty has a point about not wanting to encourage Tool Fans. I'm not talking about people that like or even adore Tool, not 'fans' per se. I mean Fans, with a capitol F. Tool Fans. Like Linkin Park Fans or Slayer Fans. They rate quite highly on the Fanbase Shitmong chart that i've just made up...

10: Muse Fans (repressed tulpa energy did WTC)
9: Linkin Park Fans (herp derp derp)
8: Isis Fans (return to your potatos churl!)
7: Radiohead Fans (Banksy)
6: Mindless Self Indulgence Fans (Belly's guiltiest secret :oops: )
5: Tool Fans (i.e. second flourishing of the arts)
4: Metallica Fans (special needs)
3: Slayer Fans (columbine massacre)
2: Rage Against The Machine Fans (The Sun)
1: Enter Shikari Fans ("You cant judge a band by the music they play... " ~ emogirl, Rock Sound Forums, 2007) [sorry Eccles :lol: ]

If you like any of those bands I mean no harm :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarTolerantTolerantJoined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:27 amPosts: 61
lol, nice chart. I think I have a place in number 8.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
that's cause Tool are fucking shit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:31 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I'm a prog music fan, a Slayer fan, a Star Wars fan, a Transformers fan, a black metal fan, and a Sonic the hedgehog fan.
Don't fucking talk to me about how annoying the fanbases you belong to are.
:lol:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pmPosts: 1189Location: London
Toold are heavy progressive rock band surely? And not as heavy as King crimson, so it's no surprise they're not on metal arcives.

My opinion on tool is they're amazing live and fucking boring on record, apart from the pop album they released which has 2 decent singles for thinking it's not as bad as the rest of this shit when it's played at a rock/metal night in pub or club that has DJ's with no skill or courage of their convictions.

And as to the fan list, I agree with most of what Belly put up but the limits of finite space in human thinking and the internet mean I can't post enough scorn on fucking Radiohead and Muse fans. They can all fuck off. Why do so many of them get all upset when Im not even rude about said bands and merely initmate that they're not my cup of tea? How fucking fragile can you be that someone having a different opinion on a subjective matter causes you to cry? Idiots.

But fucking "alternatives", metallers, goths and so on in general are fucking hard work when they're basically pop kids who weren't as cool as they hoped they'd be at secondary school. I've lost count of the amount of times I've missed out on pulling or got ostracised or started on simply for actually having an underground music taste. "Oh. So you don't think it's edgy of me to have the first limp bizkit album? Right, You're little sister bought it when it was released and you didn't like it then. Well I get kudos for being way underground in theese here parts." minutes later overhearing me talk to a friend, stereo type creates an inner monlogue. "Why're you talking about demos? Demos are done by bands not yet signed or looking for a new contract after being dropped. That's actually not pop music. I saw an attractive girl look at him. He'll ruin everything I've worked for in this little shit hole" Now walking up to group of friends. " That guy's a c**t" "why?" "just is I'll make all sorts of bullshit, blah blah blah" And the problem is I can't even steer the conversation away from nonsense as it's their fucking right of passage bullshit. Will you bow down to my twattty ways. Oh you've read books and newspapers eh? in that case I'll show of to you about music. Oh, you're your own person. Fuck off then you'll expose me for a fraud.

Maybe I should copy and paste this in to the things that piss you off thread. I could branch out to chrsitians then.

Last edited by Reflector on Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
MORE LIKE YOU'RETOOLSFORLISTENING.
EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR PULSE MAVERNS CUT YOUR FUCKING EARS OFF.
PULSE MAVERNS, CUT YOUR FUCKING THROAT FOR EVEN HAVING AN OPINION ON THIS SHIT BAND.
FUCK.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
Hmm, I like Radiohead too, although the new stuff is weird and I haven't bothered buying any of it.

Muse can fuck right off though, poor man's Radiohead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote
I see absolutely no similarities between Muse and Radiohead whatsoever.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 am Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
THEY'RE SIMILAR IN THE SENSE THEY'RE BOTH CRIMINALLY OVERRATED (WHICH YOU'D THINK WOULD MEAN I'D THINK THEY'RE AWESOME, BUT YOU'D BE DEAD FUCKING WRONG AND PROBABLY A TWAT) AND MAKE GAY PSUEDO-INTELLECTUAL RUBBISH WITH SUBTEXT.
SUBTEXT IS FOR DICKHEADS.
THEY BOTH PLAY SHIT MUSIC FOR VIRGINS, PUSSIES, AND PEOPLE WHO WOULD PROBABLY CUDDLE AFTER SEX AND DISCUSS FEELINGS IF THEY WEREN'T VIRGINS.
ALTHOUGH I CAN SEE DISIMILARITIES IN THE SENSE THAT MUSE AT LEAST KNOW MORE THAN FOUR CHORDS AND WHILE THEIR SINGER DESERVES A FUCKING SMACK FOR NEVER SHUTTING UP ABOUT HOW BLACK HELICOPTERS AND CHLORINE IN THE WATER SUPPLY CONSPIRED WITH NAZI REPTILES TO SHOOT THE WTC DOWN WITH A DEATH STAR THAT SHOOTS DAVID ICKE, AT LEAST HE DOESN'T DESERVE A SMACK FOR HAVING AN UGLY FACE AND FOR MAKING AN UTTERLY SHIT SOLO ALBUM.
THOM YORKE, YOU WEIRD FACED FUCK.

Offline Profile