Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - SUPERSONIC 2010

<  Music  ~  SUPERSONIC 2010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259
OH EM GEE HOW GOOD WAS THAT?!?!?!?

Michael Gira, Imma let you do your reunion but Godflesh played the best comeback set of all time...

OF ALL TIME.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:26 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
Belly is unable to answer at the moment due to be being in an amazement induced coma. Please try again later.

Seriously though, avant wow! :D I know I say this every year but that genuinely was the best Supersonic ever, and no doubt i'll say the same thing and absolutely mean it next year as well. Supersonic has officially become my excuse for being alive.

Anyway, I can't hang about. I've gotsa' review to write!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
Friday: Necro Deathmort might have actually invented a new genre. Demons had that most evil of instruments, the RECODER! (Sick Llama's visuals were abstract but weirdly organic looking, excellent stuff) Fukpig were as charming as they were foul-mouthed, whilst Drum Corps and Napalm Death were pure anarchic fun.

Saturday: Part Wild Horses Mane On Both Sides were absorbing and magickal - all incense and bells. Nic Bullen's 'Breach' performance managed to be funny, frightening, sad and coldly inhuman all at once. Blue Sabbath Black Fiji were bonkers. Lash Frenzy + KK Null were like malevolant bodhisattva's on laptops in lightning and mist. Cloaks was dropping some very evil shapes. OvO are arguably the only no wave metal band in existence, plus i'm developing a bit of a weird crush on the vocalist. Vicki Bennett's (People Like Us) video of Apocalypse Now footage collaged over that iconic Sound Of Music scene had me in stitches. Godflesh was completly and utterly THE comeback show Gaendaal has made it out to be.

Sunday: Bong managed to do what few metal bands do, make me medidate rather headbang. The film exhibition curated by Rob Lowe was a lovely surprise even if the brilliantly baffling Matthew Barney 'Gaurdian of the Veil' film was gobsmackingly late to air due to technical difficulties (still I discovered the 16mm filmic wonders of Paul Clipson, insects and leaves have never been so interesting!) Nisennenmondai were better than I could of possibly imagined. Khyam Allami + MMOB dressed as Bedouins surrounded by purple smoke isn't something i'll soon forget. Factory Floor were pure grim electro-minimalist goodness. Andy Field's 'Eponymous' was one of the most exotic and unexpected gems of the weekend - namely because the audience were the performers! I got to wear a rubber skull mask and wear empty plastic cups over my hands in the name of art! Dethscalator are my new favorite metal band, front man is a very nice fellow, couldn't understand a word he was saying. Finally, Swans... Need I say more? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:06 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259
Agreed about Necro Deathmort, I've been championing them since hearing their album and the set was great, but didn't you catch King Midas Sound? Definitely one of the weekend's highlights for me.