[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Was Spoiled, Now Skint

<  Music  ~  Was Spoiled, Now Skint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
I just got a house. I now have no fucking money.

I used to spend hundreds a month on metal CDs, this has come down slowly over the last couple of years.

I'm now going to be able to afford to spend fuck all on metal. Its annoying.

I mean, reading ZT is now going to be like having a lap dance (only not as good, but anyway ...) I'll come out of it with a lob on, but won't be able to do anything about it.

What sort of metal head am I when I can't buy much music any more? Is there any point prick teasing myself with news on the latest amazing metal albums I'll want?

Why are CDs so fucking expensive? £10+. Its a sodding rip off. Most LPs are nearly £20. An even worse rip off. This really doesn't help matters does it.

I could always pirate loads of music, but that's wank, and doesn't support the music I love. And iTunes is gay.

Maybe I shouldn't be such a consumer hoarding bastard about it, but what's being a music lover without buying and listening to music?

Anyway, that's a good rant. Anybody share my pain?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:49 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I just got a nice and easy job with the council.
Being employed, for some reason, means I now have even less money to pay for
A) Crime fighting bombs
B) Booze

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:41 pmPosts: 571Location: Under a Tree
i'm perpetually skint all the time but immensly happy. CD now, CD later - whatever lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:18 pmPosts: 4
Earthworm, are you mental?

No one is buying metal CD's anymore....We haven't been for years!

Just pillage stuff from the nookie net....yes, it sounds shit, but who cares? At least your mortgage will get paid and you can spend the rest on strong lager....which makes anything sound good if you drink enough of it.

Also fuck the bands...they are all wankers anyway (and I know, I have to interview the c**ts)....There's too many bands and not enough people to listen to them...bands need to split up, so in a way you're doing them a service in the long term.

If you want any CD's PM me and i'll send you some, I got loads and they are all shit.

There hasn't been one good metal CD made since about 1994....

Peace

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:41 pmPosts: 571Location: Under a Tree
Internet downloads are crap. CD's are much better . . . . .

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote
I said they were crap...don't step to me, I have a gun.

I also said that if you spend the money that you would normally waste on filling you house with awful plastic pieces of shit like CD's on Special Bew, or a nice 8% cider, then it doesn't matter about the sound quality as everything sounds brilliant when you are strutting around the living room with your shirt off, punching the air and mumbling to yourself...

CD's were exciting in the 90's....as were DVD's...now all you need is a hard drive and a fridge...and you are away!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:30 am Reply with quote
Also, you should think yourself lucky for bad Mp3's....I used to have to listen to the Hellhammer demo on C90 cassette after it had been passed through about 8 people....the hiss was louder than the music...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:07 amPosts: 47Location: See name
*ahem* a surprising number of new metal releases end up on Spotify these days, so you can listen for free (if you can put up with a short advert every 3 or so songs, or pay £5 a month for a subscription):

www.spotify.com

and it's all legal, and shit. I've been attempting to collect 2010 releases into a playlist but as I only started early this month I'm missing loads. Anyway you can get an idea of what's available by having a gander at my super awesome 2010 metal playlist once you've downloaded the client program (warning: contains CoF and other shite as well as awesome coolness like Deathspell Omega):

http://open.spotify.com/user/manfrommar ... yK44UPnefT