[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - MDF IX

<  Music  ~  MDF IX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
Discuss.

I'm going, even if it means being stone broke until then.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:07 amPosts: 47Location: See name
I am strongly tempted to trek across the pond as I know some people that go most years. Bit of a different experience from a European fest I hear. Staying in a hotel for starters... The lineup is pretty excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the main reason I'm going is, although the lineup isn't as mindblowing as it has been, it's still very much the equal if not superior to the usual stuff we get in Europe fest-wise.

That said, after I'd booked everything, I've since realised I'm not only going to be missing General Surgery on my home turf but the chance of seeing Magrudergrind too it looks like.

2011 is looking like being the year of me MISSING seeing bands live.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:07 amPosts: 47Location: See name
Not so fussed about those two given Neurosis, Nuclear Assault, DOOM, Lockup, Coroner, Imp Naz, Destroyer 666, CoC, Voivod... though Magrudergrind are fun and I should listen to them more. What else are you missing?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
It's just GEneral Surgery and Magrudergrind I'm missing.
Been waiting years for GS to come play the UK then when they finally do I realise it's the Friday of MDF which I'm already locked into going to.
Story of my life! (*puts away world's smallest violin*)

Doom will be immense too - I'm even so sad I'm bringing along a customised hat to wear for the occasion. Answers on a postcard to the usual address what hte hat'll be.

For me the bands I'm most looking forward to are probably the ones lower down on the bill like Orange Goblin, Goatsnake, already having to fight off a massive boner at the thought of finally seeing RGTE live, Dead Congregation, Funebrarum, Miasmal and all the various powerviolence stuff like Hatred Surge, Lack Of Interest, Mammoth Grinder etc.

Headliner-wise though I'm definately keen on seeing Neurosis and COC the most, though, as my plan is to at least attempt to see ALL the bands playing, I'm going to revel in the sheer variety on display... when I'm not reveling in drunken filth of course :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
JESUS FUCK!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Ah I see, didn't realise you were such a General Surgery nut ;)

I completely forgot to look at the bands on the bottom of the bill. Acid Witch and Blood Freak? Sweet! This is more and more tempting, if I can tie it in with a short holiday...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, truth be told, I'm probably more of a Regurgitate "nut" than anything so at least there's the fact I'll be popping my RGTE cherry the day after GS play Liverpool makes it more tolerable.

Some of the bands on the bottom of the bill are some of the ones I'm quite looking forward to - Mammoth Grinder, Last Days Of Humanity, Noisear, Funebrarum, and my bro in Creative Waste...

Offline Profile