[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - que?

<  Music  ~  que?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
Am I the only one somewhat baffled by what the fuck is 'the deal' with Jamey Jasta?

Apart from being guilty of inspiring a plethora of knuckle-dragging wifebeater wearers to think themselves "hardcore" cause they can punch people half their size in the back of the neck in crowds, I'm struggling to find any particular merit to the guy.

If you listen to Hatebreed, it's almost like listening to a GOOD sludgey-hardcore band just on really bad speakers that filter out any/all interesting guitar work so all you're left with is the bare underbelly of chug chug, more chug and little else other than chug.

His vocals sound like a bulldog not only with severely chronic laryngitis (yeah I can't spell that) but with a nasty case of constipation too.

Which just gets all the more baffling when you factor in that Kirk Windstein chose to specifically form a "supergroup" with Jasta, namely Kingdom Of Sorrow...

Is there actually any veritable merit to Jamey Jasta's career?

Some people try to say that "oh at least he's introducing kids to real hardcore that they wouldn't have listened to otherwise", to which I say no. All he's "introducing" them to is a life full of boring repetitive chugging breakdowns and "introducing" them to the most mainstream of hardcore/punk bands from the most commercial parts of the genre.

</baffled>

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:12 am Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
Heh heh......

I fucking love you, honestly.

You know what I want? A little 5 inch action figure of you that spouts out random vitrol every 10 minutes. It would get put on a coffee table and I'd never leave the house, I'd just sit on the sofa because it'd be too funny watching it not getting laid.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
Hatebreed are good to listen to when you're in the gym. So there you go, he's good for something.

They're also good for playing to my brother, who fucking hates that song "Destroy Everything" that only has the two words of its title for lyrics. Good wind up potential.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote
oh, but to explain, basically after years of working in a record store and seeing the CD I finally decided to look up this (self-proclaimed 'supergroup') that was Kingdom Of Sorrow. Basically Kirk Windstein + Jamey Jasta.

I swear, there's nothing more disappointing than what you'd imagine is Kirk's attempts to get 'down with the kids' by forming a group with that prick.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:58 pmPosts: 9Location: Florida, USA
I completely agree with you pulse - I don't get the Jamey Jasta love either. I can't stand Hatebreed and I was very let down by Kingdom of Sorrow. The endless chug chug chug of Hatebreed is awful...Kingdom of Sorrow atleast has a little more depth to the music, but overall, it's still basically shit.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
You seem to have missed the subtext sweetie, never mind.

Also, can I recommend heroin?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259
Never knowingly heard Hatebreed. No real intention to, either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pmPosts: 1189Location: London
This topic has great timing. Jamey Jasta came round my house the other day and scared my mum by growling at her. He then forced my younger brother to go to the gym before making him punch people half his size. I take all this very personally and now despise the man. Grr.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
THEY WERE ONE OF THE OPENING BANDS WHEN I SAW SLAYER.
THEY WERE SO FUCKING SHIT THEY MADE SLAYER SHIT MERELY BY ASSOCIATION.
I SPENT SLAYER'S ENTIRE SET KICKING THE FUCK OUT OF SLIPKNOT FANS AND TOLD THEM THAT IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT MASTODON ONLY GOT A FIVE SONG SET WHILE HATEBREED GOT SEVEN THOUSAND YEARS TO SHOUT "YEAH GET THE FUCK UP" AT US.
YOU'RE WEARING A BASEBALL CAP INDOORS YOU FUCKING c**t.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK
Who's Jamey Jasta?

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK
I don't like it, make it go away!

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
Step 1) Destroy everything.
Step 2) Go to step 1.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile