[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - the competition...

<  Music  ~  the competition...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
Maybe it's taboo to discuss 'the competition' for Zero Tolerance here but fuck it.
Anyone else noticed how Terrorizer seem to be slipping ever further into the quagmire of absurdity with each issue, while still lording themselves up as being 'experts' in extreme music?

Last issue they had feature spreads on Oceano, Architects and Children Of Boredom, and the most recent issue I've seen in Smiths has (presumably) equally large prominence for Sylosis, Devildriver and Amon Amarth (never understood their appeal).

I know most of you will probably put this down to me being an unremittent elitist prick, but after they nailed their colours firmly to their High N Mighty throne last year by declaring bands like Trigger The Bloodshed, Viatrophy and their peers as being the best death metal the UK has ever produced, I keep expecting it to dive ever more into parody.

Thank fuck for Zero Tolerance I say.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
I cancelled my subscription when they put Cradle of Filth on the cover, and moved to this mag.

There's no way I'm sitting on the bus holding something with the likes of those woofters on the front.

Agreed, that mag went to pot.

Wasn't there a time when Metal Hammer and Kerrang were actually good? It just seems to be the way that magazines eventually sell out trying to get bigger ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
As an aside, what's the worst cover you've seen on ZT?

I actually ripped the cover off the Terrorizer CoF issue. I've ripped the back cover of magazines in annoyance before now as well, there are sometimes adverts for offensively shite bands on there too!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Kerrang were presumably amazing in the 70s.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:03 am Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Just looked it up, 1981, aye.
I always thought it started in the 70s.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
Most of the ZT covers are easy on the eyes. But I have to admit i've never liked the front of Issue 6...

He looks like he's making the guitar noises himself. "Widddlywiidly widdlywiddly widdlywidddly WEEEEEEEEEE!!!..."

Also, the magazine was a mere £3 back then! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:24 am Reply with quote
Are there any other magazines that are in the same sort of place?

I've seen Rock Sound or whatever it is, and Classic Rock Mag in the shops that are very vaguely related, but that's about yer lot isn't it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, if its still on the go and you can get hold of it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
I'm afraid the only music magazine i've read this year is Wire, because i've completly come to terms with the fact i'm massively pretentious.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
I was mocked on here when I said I read that!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Had a reminder today of the bliss it is being a reader of Zero Tolerance.

While Terrorizer concerns itself with bands like Your Demise and Dr Acula, ZT has pages championing Despise You and the lovely new crusty section (as in crust punk, not like someone had jizzed in my copy), along with the usually stellar cast of scribes.

Even some material for the wankbank with a few pages of Gallhammer pics.
Tidy.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Shit. Is the new one out? I'm still reading the last 'un.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote
Prob pick up for Gallhammer and kill time in pubs with a week of work.