Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Megadeth

<  Music  ~  Megadeth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:03 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
Many metal bands that have really made it have sold out, but I was listening to Megadeth today and I don't think they ever have really.

They've just kept writing thrash really haven't they?

Do you agree?

Can you think of anyone else who's trodden the line between fame and integrity as well or better?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:55 pmPosts: 47Location: Scotland
I agree, although I don't like everything Megadeth have done. I think you could argue for Slayer & Suicidal Tendencies too, although the latter were never really famous to the same extent...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I've always admired that aspect of Mustaine, but I still think he's a bit of a git.

Megadeth have always been a band I can take or leave.
I've seen them, and have enjoyed them, but they never have and probably never will be a band I will want to sit down and listen to.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:34 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
Just thinking Motorhead are from the same school. Lemmy's never strayed from his chosen path either :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Well, I stand by my thoughts from when I sent that letter into the mag, I agree with Lemmy's thoughts on selling out.
It's about making tons of people think you're awesome and buy your music.
As for Motorhead in general- You have one second to name a bad Motorhead album, time's up, that's what I fucking thought.

Offline Profile