[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Free TV (P2P) - this probs sounds like spam lol

<  Non-music  ~  Free TV (P2P) - this probs sounds like spam lol

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
Was searching around to see if i could get any free channels on my telewest or freeview box. unfortunately the results werent that good as most of the time the company update the encryption and you can no logner get the channels free.

However, i did discover a site () giving information about how to watch completely free TV on your PC. That site only has schedules of when sports are on but there are ons of other channels you can recieve and watch. It has a beginners guide to P2P TV and gives links to individual programs which you can use to watch it.

After a while searching on it found a link to a site () that you an download a pack from (it containes several of the big programs that are used for it), thus giving you more channels (as diff programs list diff channels). It also conatins a tool to patch/edit the limit of TCP connections your PC can have (only if you're on Service Pack 2) which means you an connect to more users giving you a faster - and better - connection to the live stream. And a tool that acts as a remote control to all the P2P programmes and their channels.

I decided to give it a go and so watched the Lakers vs Suns NBA game live last night. at first it was freezing a lot and i though it was gonna be shit quality, but once it settles its fine. and though when you site right next to your pc the full screen picture can be pixelated, sit on a couch or bed or whatever as if u were watching tv and its great quality. especially considering its complete free.

Not sure if all channels are as good quality as this one (ViperTV, the stream of the Suns game was from 'ESPN on ABC' in america so pretty good quality)

Yeah, so just thought i'd inform you all. try it if you want, i thought it was pretty good but you might think otherwise. Oh, and sorry for talking so long. lol,

dark.avenger

PS: Although changing the TCP connection limit can increase the stream speed, I watched some of that Suns game without it and it was still fairly good quality.

Oh, and i suppose i'm meant to put this wee bit in at the end...

Changing your TCP connection limit gives your PC a higher health risk, only use unless you are willing to risk your PC's health. It can allow worms such as Blaster to spread much more quickly. Make sure you read up on patching 'tcpip.sys' before doing anything

Last edited by TheFamousEccles on Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:55 pm Reply with quote
User avatarBarely TolerantBarely TolerantJoined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:26 pmPosts: 371
At least spammers offer us chicks with dicks.

:cry:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:53 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Similiar thing .
Just started a sports section i believe and got all the latest episodes of programs from across the pond.

Oh yeah, i'm new, the post count might give it away and i feel i've let myself down with such a piss poor first post, nothing funny or lasting.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 3292
DAMNIT. I made the greatest animation of a trout with a beard and just as I was finishing... the program crashed. FUCK. 10 minutes of hard work down the tube.