[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - I watched Watchmen last night

<  Non-music  ~  I watched Watchmen last night

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
Has anybody seen the film / read the comic? What did you think of Zack Snyders takes on the story?

I might be treading on some peoples toes here but I thought the film was fucking brilliant :D I was pessimistically preparing myself for the ruination of one of my favorite stories ever but (to my surprise and pleasure) it never occured :D Well cast, well filmed, loyal to the details and storyline, the scenes even looked like the drawn scenes in the book. But most impiortantly of all they didn't disney up the end. I'd happily give it a 10/10.

Feel free to throw rotten fruit in disagreement or money in approval :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK
I've seen it twice now, I loved it and I think the changes worked better cinematicaly than the comic bits would have done, especially the end which could have been a bit too daft looking...no spoilers!!

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
I enjoyed it though the ending annoyed me.

Why do him and her (shit with names) just settle for ink face bloke getting killed and letting humanity have a false peace that they opposed.
Or did i totally misunderstand it all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
I think it did the comics justice. It was a good watch. Though my mates who hadn't read it found it a wee bit confusing? Not sure though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I have argued about this film for infinite amounts of time and it is doomed to the same treatment I gave V For Vendetta (alternating between liking it and hating it. In both cases I have adored the original book, and hated all work by the directors bar the Dawn of the Dead remake and the FIRST Matrix film).

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
It lacks the eloquence of the book, plus the ending change fucks the whole story in the arse pretty royally.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:55 pmPosts: 47Location: Scotland
Initially dreaded the movie (especially after League of Extraordinary Gentlemen :guillotine: which nearly soured me on comic book movies forever, but actually liked it. When watching it I thought the big plot change made more sense than the comic, but then a fellow geek pointed out that it essentially undoes the whole point of the story since why would the world unite & not just attack the US in that situation etc??? Jeez, it's hard to talk about it without spoiling it really...

Offline Profile