[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - West Highland Way for Charity

<  Non-music  ~  West Highland Way for Charity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
Hi all!

I'd like to ask a favour of you if I may :)

This year, me and 4 of my friends are going to walk the for charity. We've chosen to do it for , who do great work in providing better facilities for wounded British servicemen and women.

We've just set up [today] an online donation page so that we can try and get donations from people who we may not be able to get money off of in person. You can find it, along with more details of the walk, here .

I realise it may be a bit of an ask, but it'd really mean a lot if you could spare even a small donation :)

Hope you can help,
Euan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:05 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259
One of my longterm plans is to do the WHW so there's a couple of quid for you!

How are you planning on doing it? In a oner?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
Thankyou very much for your donation, very generous of you! :D

Yeah, a couple of my friends did it last year but unfortunately I had to pull out due to illness so we thought we'd really go for it this year :) We're doing it over 6 days, in one go, and roughing it out camping all the way haha :)

Hopefully gonna get ourselves some Help For Heroes t-shirts to wear when we're doing it, try and pick up some donations along the way :)

Thanks again!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:09 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:13 am Reply with quote
Off to Milngavie tomorrow, start on monday morning. Wish me luck! :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:38 am Reply with quote
Hopefully you'll be well on your way now, feller!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:13 am Reply with quote
Well I'm home in one piece :)

We got completely flooded on Monday night and so had to spend Tuesday drying things etc so didn't walk that day, but still completed it by Saturday a planned :D

Was great being back up there, and the stuff I hadn't seen before (only made it 60 miles before, 2 years ago) was spectacular :)

Aaaand we've raised over £1200 which is really awesome :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
Any photos?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, gonna wait and group everyone's together, then I'll stick em online somewhere. Probably my facebook or a flickr. Shouldn't be too long :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Here's the link to the photos. Still a few I need to get off one of my mates but they'll be added soon.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 8ae0c2f28f

That link works even if you don't have facebook :)