[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Elections

<  Non-music  ~  Elections

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
When Gordon finally decides to end his reich who are you considering voting for?

I might vote liberal democrat. They seem like the best bet to stake on in a grand national of lame phlegmatic horses. I've decided not to vote 3rd party, partly because I don't want to waste my vote, but mainly because there are no candidates out there I feel strongly or confident about. I've given up on labour and the conservatives because i'm slightly bored of the pissing contest between them playing out on all the 'hardline' political programming.

"Woooooh! Gordon Brown pushes receptionists off chairs and stabs people with pens..." thanks BBC. Thank you for your incredibly helpful input. "WoooooOOOOOOooh! David Cameron is, like, totally like a lovely dad and husband and has children to prove it." Bollocks.

I wish they would stop trying to prove to us that Cameron is a human being, and not infact an eerily smooth humanoid approximation made by nano-biomechanical aliens. He looks like an unconvincing CGI animation of himself. His hot milfy wife and her great gams aren't enough to swing it for me.

Last edited by Belly Button on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
I've kinda surprised myself. All my life I've been pretty Conservative in my world-view, despite my parents coming from Labour voting backgrounds. And I always figured I'd be voting Tory as soon as I could.

But I dunno, I've become a lot less right wing in the past year or so. I'd still find it hard to vote Labour, especially with their current situation, and some of the Conservatives' policies and opinions do match mine, but I think I'll probs vote Lib Dem or something. The Greens annoy me sometimes, and while I'm loathe to use the whole "that vote won't do much/anything" thing, at the end of the day it won't. Lib Dem won't do that much either, but it'll do more than a vote for Green.

...I might rethink it, I'm still very undecided lol.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:41 pmPosts: 571Location: Under a Tree
Why vote at all? All they do is shit on you in the end. Might as well ignore the whole thing and get on with life as normal . . . . . . . . .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:41 pmPosts: 571Location: Under a Tree
But your vote counts towards what? The same old system that obviously doesn't work whoever is at the top.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Keep Labour in your taxs will rise faster.
Conservative they will still go up, just not as fast.
Lib Dems have good ideas but some truly awful ones aswell.

Thats why its worth to vote, though working class always get fucked over, its just as to how much. Think single people have a totally different outlook to family as it does pretty much seem you have very little to gain from any party at the moment.

By not voting you're pretty much saying you don't give a toss about the country and are happy to get fucked over.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:22 pm Reply with quote
But by voting your consenting and conforming to the system that fucks you over you just pick the bastards that do it.
In the long run it really doesn't matter.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote

Last edited by Thing on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:15 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I can't really. I don't have very good summarizing skills (without sounding like even more of a twat lol) Suffice to say that man (Tom Hodgkinson) is a total dude .

Btw I do get your point but I have a tendency to get lost in ideas and being a care-free idler most of the time I find it quite easy for most of the world to swoosh me by :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Fair enough.
I just find it hard to comprehend that I could get through life without government/politicians impacting on my life and don't see (for me) how i could get by without conforming to their laws.
Yes i guess I could give up work and my partner could and because I have a child i could sit at home and rape it up on benefits and then pretend my partner has an illness that prevents her from working and i have to care for my child and her full time, giving me even more handouts.
But thats not the lifestyle i want, personally i don't even view that as a life, its a waste and not something i would want my daughter to adopt. Unfortunately I end up paying for these low life to get away with it.

Quick research on Tom Hodgkinson, sounds like someone who did not come from a family of working class and had somewhat of a gifted start to life?
Probably would explain a lot about him and his publications of that is true.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote
Yes Tom H is middle class, has a degree and had a good start in life but I don't think that should prejudice you. It's what he's done since then that makes him interesting :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:21 pmPosts: 1561Location: Kentish Town, London
Some people would say you should vote in honour and respect of the thousand (/millions) who've given their lives in the name of British democracy down the years, as if the combined efforts of that lot, such as fighting off Nazism for eg, had failed, we'd be sitting here with very sore arseholes, a barren wallet, and very little to show for it.

Whether I'd say exactly that is another matter, but for that and pretty much the reasons Trout has described Ill vote, even though I have next to nil interest in politics or a grand understanding of the whole process, tbh.

Thrasherismus Loverasmus

Deathicus Fanaticus

Doomicus Worshippus

Blackist Hailist
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:20 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
At the risk of getting a glassing from bearded trout, I'm politically ignorant. I won't be voting for anyone because I have no idea who does what.

Offline Profile