[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Moshers

<  Non-music  ~  Moshers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:24 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:22 pmPosts: 175Location: Nottingham
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mosher

My mate sent it me, quite funny in parts, I liked the bit about hardcore dancing.

As an aside, I'd say "greb" or "metal 'ead" rather than mosher, which must be southern or something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
I'm from the north and get asked by retards if I'm a mosher sixteen times a minute.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Also, Uncyclopedia is the tame version of Encyclopedia Dramatica

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Metal_%28music%29
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Black_Metal

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:24 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:51 pmPosts: 3217Location: Near Glasgow, Scotland
Lmfao haven't heard of moshers since i was like 1st year in high school.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote
Whilst in my civillian clothing I was visiting a very good friend in Fairburn, a wonderful place with the sole problem that you have to go through the dump that is Castleford to get there, when he was accosted by three young chavfolk who told him "mosh mosh have a wash".
Needless to say he was stumped by this as he isn't a metal fan and dresses like an old fucking man.

I'm usually left alone. Big guy constantly grinning isn't a good sign apparently...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
It used to be quite bad for being hassled and asked if you were a "goff" or "mosher" here but since nu-metal ejaculated all over the teenage population we've been superceded by an entirely new race of "goths" that just look like ten times more of a tool than we ever did (i'm talking about the care in the community kids who team up a Blade style jacket with Killswitch Engage t-shirt and straggly ginger hair).

I still get looked at as if I'm a convicted rapist just for wearing a metal shirt, but I can also sometimes pass for "normal" when them kds are around

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
most people who dress in what is classed as a metal style look retarded.
true fact.
only get away with it when surrounded by folk of the same ilk.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:28 am Reply with quote
When in my civillian gear I'll usually just wear cheap trainers/boots, whatever cheap charity/tesco pants/3/4s I have and a band t-shirt, mostly because aside from work shirts band shirts are all I own.
Never saw the appeal in denim jackets covered with patches.
No offence to Thrash Maniac.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
I'm fat and wear thick NHS glasses and have a patch jacket made of modern art/anime/black metal logos. Do I win?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
YOU WIN "QUEER OF THE YEAR"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
HAHA!
I guess I'm so backwards then...

In the last couple of months I actually started a patch jacket myself but not of the usual kind of homoerotic thrash/shit metal bands I always see people wearing (ie patches of Amon Amarth, any glam/hair metal band, and the likes of Helloween).
The patches on my jacket encompass Wormrot, Regurgitate, Black Flag, Totalitar, Heresy, Capitalist Casualties etc... so I guess I'm subconsciously aiming more for the punk/grind/pv end of things anyway.

As much as this'll make me look like an elitist twat, I think patch jackets CAN be pretty fucking cool but it depends entirely on the bands whose patches you use - ie a lanky hair-swaying drunkard of a metalhead with loads of patches from the likes of Asphyx, Nihilist, Dismember etc = Cool.
Fat, pot-bellied, middle-aged and semi-balding man with Status Quo, Amon Amarth or Black Dahlia Murder patches = Tool.

</ramble>

I guess I just excel at looking like a c**t whatever I wear :D

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Basically, you're only cool if you're Fenriz.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:55 pm Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
When I was going through my "ALL CLOTHES MUST BE BLACK" phase, I got called a 'Greebo' almost daily. I was mostly too stoned to notice mind :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote

Offline Profile