[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Screen printers?

<  Non-music  ~  Screen printers?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
Ok, I thought I'd throw this open to the great unwashed masses...
anyone know of a screen printer they'd recommend?

I'm after someone to do a run of various different designs for patches and before I go down the long torturous route of trying to get some generic corporate franchise to do them for me, I'm looking for someone a little, well, in tune with the sentiment I guess not to mention cheaper.

I asked someone I know in a band for a recommendation and they pointed me in the direction of Dirty Herd, who so far have been nothing if not sluggish and utterly non-commital. Hell, it's a surprise if they even bother fucking replying to your emails let alone actually DO anything like give you a quote or such.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
If you fancy a DIY approach go check out some books on screen printing at your local library or whatever, it's pretty easy.

Ohh, also check instructables.com, I dare say you'll find how to do it on there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Well I would deride you for such a comment, considering just how ludicrously expensive it is to rent the necessary equipment to do it myself around here let alone buy it, but as it's what I want to do long-term careerwise, it'd be a hollow gesture anyway.

For the time being as I'm stuck with no experience or intimate knowledge of HOW to screen print, and I've just set up a patch-oriented distro, I'm more interested in sub-contracting someone to do it for me until I can FINALLY get that motherfucking break into the print industry I've been after for about five years now.

Plannign on even doing as many different evening courses of various printing at college just to try and get SOMETHING to add to my proverbial bow.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:27 am Reply with quote
haha, I've just realised reading that back quite how arsey I worded it.

In an attempt at reconciliation, my point was that while in an ideal world I would be printing it all myself and "living the dream", I neither have the financial nor spatial capabilities to do so, so I appreciated the suggestion but I need for now to get a pro in to do it first.

Oh and as wrong as it sounds while I do technically need to learn how to screen-print, I'm more interested in doing it in a way that would stand up on my CV - a qualification would look much better than "watched a video on YouTube".

Thanks for calling me Mr though. Made me feel all posh and appreciated.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
You mean that saying you started screen printing from self-built components in a dingy shed somewhere looks less impressive that paying someone else to do it for you? Alan Sugar frowns upon you.

To be fair I have no idea how much space you have access to, but I am currently building guitars in a 6 x 8 shed and not doing too badly out of it, I screen print my logo on the headstock, nice cheap and easy, just like my mama.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX