[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - hello? Is anybody there.....?

<  Newbie area  ~  hello? Is anybody there.....?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:30 am Reply with quote
User avatarTolerantTolerantJoined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:35 amPosts: 73

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:44 pmPosts: 1086Location: North East, England

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quote
Hello Toozey,
You know, that picture you use of little stuie is more than a little unnerving as I find myself staring compulsively at the wild flapping arm.......more than a little worrying i have to say
That aside thank you for the welcome Its nice to feel "at home"
I miss fish and chips........ :roll: :( :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:50 pmPosts: 146Location: London

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:12 am Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:57 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:51 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom

Last edited by Lisa_ZT on Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Hello Steve,
To answer your question: I was commissioned this review and submitted it before any announcements were made by the now Mr & Mrs Macey-long before. [That] review had nothing to do with anyone else-I stand by it. My only lasting regret is that a personal opinion [of mine] has caused harm to two people that aren't even on the same continent or time zone as me. What I wrote was and is my opinion NOTE: OPINION - like an arsehole, everyone's got one.

If my opinion was so in error-then why did Candlelight Records one of the biggest metal labels in the world sign them for a multiple album deal? A label that long established does not excel by jumping on a band wagon just because it thinks it smells a quick buck. I have worked with Candlelight in the US and have found them to care and be professional in all that they do. Others may tell a different story, I don't know, I can only tell you my experience.

I don't know if you noticed but I also wrote the interview with Attila Csihar that was also featured in the very same issue.

I could go on but I won't for the sake of courtesy please do likewise. And let this shit die.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:41 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
incidentally: my comments about terrorizer are not made to backbite - there are a few people who contribute for them that i hold in high regard.

i'm pointing out that impartiality is something that is down to the individual writing to determine is 'true'. if at the time others take issue with something, then it is up to them to raise it. i note that no one raised the review as an issue with me directly, at any point, whatsoever. what does that tell you? i discussed the issue, with one person, some 9 months later.

i resigned from terrorizer as i no longer wanted to be part of it. i wish them the best of luck though, afterall, i put a lot of hard work in in tough circumstances during my time and it'd be a shame to see that go to waste.

ADDED: i keep forgetting to mention the obvious - it's so obvious it keeps slipping my mind, and that is that it is inevitable with a scene as close-knit as that of the extreme scene that people will know one another - and that includes people who write for magazines. provided material is included on merit, and treated honestly - not for backscratching satisfaction or to fulfill a hidden agenda - then what's the problem!?! music's for enjoyment, and it's something we all have in common, whether we like it or not. i'm not an idealistic idiot and think we should all get on, but a bit of realism and a little bit of adult behaviour and sensible debate wouldn't go amiss in situations such as these.

i've got issue 002 to get on with so i'll sign off.

:megaphone: lisa

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:18 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:44 pmPosts: 1086Location: North East, England

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:51 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:50 pmPosts: 146Location: London

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:07 pmPosts: 1144Location: Chester

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:35 amPosts: 1668Location: Chester, UK

Belly Button: HavocClaudia: She singlehandedly* prevents this forum from transforming into a colossal Tetsuo shaped mound of phalluses, and has extremely trve metal taste.
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:40 am Reply with quote
These emoticons ( sounds like something the transformers battle) are getting morre complex and more amusing as time goes by.
I can see people soon sending entire messages on forums such as these made up of nothing but emoticons sound we shall revert to pictures instead of words and langauage shall be deconstructed further as short term memory is heightened in the development of soundbytes and highly concentrated "info-bursts" and as we are bombarded with more and more of them with newer and faster ways to do so our long term memories I am sure will suffer.
Its then we will see people truly start fucking around with history because our ability to absorb more will go up but our ability to retain will suffer as we are bombarded with more.
What makes this more significant is that now more than at anytime in the history of Mankind we are living in age where history has been recorded not just into book but also on to formats that can be downnloaded altered and erased.
As our dependency on technology grows so does our soul and spirit suffer and our connection to nature and the flowing of the cosmos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:07 pmPosts: 1144Location: Chester
have you been reading the liner notes to a Fear Factory album again?

Offline Profile