[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - ISSUE 032 ONSALE 18/11/09

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  ISSUE 032 ONSALE 18/11/09

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Kept that quiet!
Not had a chance to read it yet.
CD looks fuckin good!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
The new issue is out?!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
THERE'S A BUNCH OF BORING OLD MEN ON THE COVER.
OH WAIT, IT'S NILE.
I MISS THE EARLY ISSUES OF ZT WHERE KARL NEVER BEEN TO EGYPT SANDERS GOT THE PISS TOOK OUT OF HIM IN EVERY ISSUE.

WOT NO MONOLITHS & DIMENSIONS REVIEW STILL?

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime
Also, Thrash Maniac's origins for in the letters section ;)

New Gorgoroth only got a 3?
Huh.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:21 pmPosts: 1561Location: Kentish Town, London

Thrasherismus Loverasmus

Deathicus Fanaticus

Doomicus Worshippus

Blackist Hailist
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote
"i begun this decade as a nu metal twat"

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:21 pmPosts: 1561Location: Kentish Town, London

Thrasherismus Loverasmus

Deathicus Fanaticus

Doomicus Worshippus

Blackist Hailist
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I and most of my friends still listen to some of the nu-metal twattery we listened to at the beginning of this decade.
We were listening to Emperor and Limp Bizkit back to back and found no problem with this.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
hi guys

yes, subs copies have been mailed out and i expect them to arrive any moment - and the issue went onsale on wednesday :)

some reviews get missed for various reasons - as annoying as that is. tweaking the review section from the start of 2010 so watch this space... nothing major, just a few improvements / additions.

enjoy! it's a good issue, hope you agree!

L

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Oh by the way, cheers for the free stuff. That compilation is badass.
The Beherit shirt is too small, but it saves me buying a birthday present for me mate ;)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:07 pm Reply with quote
sorry about the shirt, those were the only sizes we had :( the script is a rarity too! look after it!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:41 pmPosts: 956
Good issue. This is actually the first one I've read in a while, for no particular reason. Hilarious Nile interview. "The wisdom of the world is contained in books". Really, Karl! Such insight! Everyone trots out the old canard that "in the interests of balance I'm gonna bag on Islam" like that isn't the most popular topic in mainstream discourse for the last eight years anyway. But then, dear old Colonel Sanders has always been a bit silly.

Infernus interview was good. The Michael Moynihan interview was a self-pitying waste of time, but that's his fault more than yours.

Not had a chance to listen to the CD, the brother nicked it so he could listen to Skitliv 24/7 for a few days.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
I'm pleased to announce that the steaming fresh hot issue plopped through my door today and i've already almost read the whole chuffin' thing. Did you intend it to be the best issue ever? :D [/unecessary fawning]

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw who was featured within. Wraiths, Scythian, Allerseelen, A Forest Of Stars, Portal, Blood Axis, Nazxul and Ramleh to mention the ones that were of immediate interest. I liked the loosely themed section about historical and anti-modernist influence on music. A lot of people take the pioss out of Karl Sanders but I always enjoy reading what he has to say, he made some very thought provoking points and sucessfully rebuffed criticisms that his Egyptian references were academically accurate and genuine. There was a few moments where he enigmatically decided to state the obvious (see issue spine quote) :lol:

I have to admit I became mighty depressed when reading some sections, namely Mike Alexander's death. I'm no undying fan of Evile but its always a shame when a seemingly decent, undramatic and undeserving fellow human being (read "not a cult ego/personality") suffers an untimely demise. I felt some moral Times readeresque outrage at both Michael Moynihan's and Alan Averill's treatment by the media/legal powers that be. Perhaps people have an inherent distrust of people with double letter initials :P I even felt twangs of sadness reading about the severely underrated and overlooked Xentrix.

I agree with Kirsten in your letters section, theres nothing more off putting than a scowling metal warrior whose taking a break from spreading justice on the internet to glare at perfoming bands menancingly. And I sympathize with Kevin about the hysterical finger wagging and retarded left winged screaming that follows any interest in fascism and traumatic periods in history. Makes me want to go out and give some liberalist students surprise hugs whilst dressed as Goebbels.

Other stuff I enjoyed reading was the Melecesh, Skitliv, Krallice, Spiculam Iratus, Streicher, Nightmares, Sewer Goddess, Nocturnal Fear, Iconic Destruction, Triaxis and Huldrefolk features and will be doing some scouting of said bands in due time. I must commend you on this issues artist profile. Jonathan Canady looks like Franchis Bacons Juxtapoz reading cousin :P I particulary like the 3rd topmost image on page 94. I had no idea the man behind Deathpile painted. All in all an absolutely splendiferous issue :D Cheers ZT.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Just a few words of thanks, I'm really pleased you like the issue. It just sort of worked out the way it did, content-wise it strikes a pretty good balance.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote

Offline Profile