[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - blu rays

<  Non-music  ~  blu rays

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:04 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:44 pmPosts: 739
so I recently got a Blu Ray player and although I still need to get a HD TV to watch them on, I'm browsing various blu rays as to what to get.
Hence coming here for suggestions.

Bear in mind I've got relatively low tolerance for films - by that I mean I'm hard to please when it comes to the majority of mainstream films - and if I'm to pay that bit extra for a blu ray version rather than a DVD, I want there to be something about it that makes that essential. Plus recommendations for sci-fi will probably take precedence for me.

So far aside from knowing I want to get the Avatar blu ray when it comes out yes, I'm gay for Avatar, wanna fight boud it? and I've been highly recommended the Planet Earth series of blu rays other than that I'm pretty much at a loss what to get.

I'll probably wind up getting District 9 on blu ray anyway even though I've got the DVD, as it's a mint film and, well, I want to see the blood splatter in high def haha

I'm curious if Aliens will come out on blu ray...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
Latest Batman flick.
Whether a fan of it or not, was actually filmed for blu-ray so some quality imagery on the go.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:27 pmPosts: 651Location: Behind you...
Bring back VHS.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:26 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:21 pmPosts: 1561Location: Kentish Town, London

Thrasherismus Loverasmus

Deathicus Fanaticus

Doomicus Worshippus

Blackist Hailist
Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 pm Reply with quote
SpammerSpammerJoined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:41 pmPosts: 4140Location: The Internet
Urgh, Blu-Ray strikes me as pointless, the vast, VAST majority of the films that come out on it are shitty hollywood movies that I really could not give a fuck about... Maybe in a few years we'll see a larger variety of films/series, but CSI in Hi-Def is just as annoying as watching it on DVD, you know?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:13 pmPosts: 1195
NCIS yes, CSI, no.

Off course blu-rays are big budget 'hollywood shit' right now, its new and still expensive to film in. But even the price of buying the films is coming down as the players vastly compared to last year.
Lets be fair, there is alot of world movies out there now available in blu-ray and hollywood does fund some great movies that would be nice to see in blu-ray.

Negative people :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:00 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:36 pmPosts: 4470Location: Fighting crime

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:19 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
I'm looking forward to rise of VHS Metal. Some of its more extreme disciples will even go as far as burning Comet stores and inverting the Universal Pictures logo.

VĮĐĒǾŤÄPĘŜ IST KRIEG

They would all wear coaks made of video reel like that Bitamax bloke from The Mighty Boosh. Cowboy hats are also essential.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:25 pm Reply with quote

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Do you have sand in your vagina? Chill Winston.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
User avatarZero ToleranceZero ToleranceJoined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 pmPosts: 6315Location: Landscape XX
Hehehe :lol: cats...