[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - ZINE REVIEWS

<  ZT Magazine Talk  ~  ZINE REVIEWS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:47 pm Reply with quote
StaffStaffJoined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:46 pmPosts: 622Location: united kingdom
We're bringing back a proper 'zine / written word column in the review section...

If there are any specific 'zines you're particularly partial to please feel free to post them here in this thread.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:51 pmPosts: 1227Location: South London
Kentucky Fried Afterbirth!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
i didn't say "favourite meal"... ;)

cheers

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259
A retrospective on the now-defunct Oaken Throne, along with Ben's new works, might be interesting. It'd be a good chance to tie together some writing with art.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:55 pmPosts: 25Location: Tampere, FI
WTF, is Oaken Throne really defunct? Fuck. Was wondering why Mincemoyer would release the one-band microzine Rape&Honey...

Would be great if ZT were to bring a good zine section in the mag! It's impossible to say which zines one would like to see in the section, though, - it's not like quality zines are published on a weekly - or even monthly - basis. I mean, if I were to say I'm partial to Qvadrivivm, for example, you might be able to see the next issue within the next year or so. Kaleidoscope's forthcoming issue (available before the summer) would be a nice addition, though.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:43 pmPosts: 259

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
User avatarIntolerantIntolerantJoined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:41 pmPosts: 571Location: Under a Tree
Don't know if you've ever done it but the Pagan Herald is excellent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
User avatarStaffStaffJoined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:51 pmPosts: 1227Location: South London

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:12 pm Reply with quote
a bit salty maybe...

anyway, anyone seen the new English language Burial 'zine? It's an interestingly put together take on what you'd expect from a 'zine.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:17 pmPosts: 5

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote
TolerantTolerantJoined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:17 amPosts: 57Location: New York
I'm definitely looking forward to this feature. I still love reading zines, though they are harder and harder to find.
I just picked up the latest issue of Vampir - great read!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:35 pm Reply with quote
TolerantTolerantJoined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:22 pmPosts: 57
The ultimate zine to review at the moment is the new Gallery of the Grotesque. One of the most read in the States and just release an issue more than 200 pages long.

From the top of my head

c**t N Paste (UK)
StrataNael Megazine.
Snakepit
The Sinister Flame
Ritual Murder (POL)
Temple of Adoration (GER)
Devilment (UK/FR)
Horrible Eyes (given they actually ever bring another one out)

... there's a new Slayer Mag out as well...
There was also a re-issue in book-form of the ancient Slayer Mags.

Not a big fan of Kentucky Fried...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:44 pm Reply with quote
TolerantTolerantJoined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:17 amPosts: 57Location: New York
Convivial Hermit
Very well-written, totally in depth.

http://www.myspace.com/convivialhermit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:07 pmPosts: 3292

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
ZINE'S HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SOMETHING I APPROVE OF, EVEN THOUGH I'M SO FUCKING ELITIST I DON'T EVEN READ THEM.
I FIND OUT ABOUT UNDERGROUND BANDS BY BREAKING INTO PEOPLES HOUSES AND STEALING THE SHIT I'VE NOT HEARD OF.
I ALSO STEAL (GOOD) JUDAS PRIEST ALBUMS, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE AT LEAST 382 COPIES OF DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH.

FUCK OFF.

Offline Profile