[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Zero Tolerance Magazine • View topic - Metal bands with prominent bass

<  Music  ~  Metal bands with prominent bass

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 pmPosts: 34Location: Derbyshire
Can anyone recommend me some good modern heavy metal bands that have prominent bass?
I'm sick of all these modern bands that mix the bass out so you can hardly hear it!!! I'm looking for classic straight up heavy metal bands but new (obviously).

Ghost and In Solitude are pretty nice bass wise so anything like that would be cool (probably shouldn't have mentioned Ghost I know they tend to divide opinion and implode forums).

Tah very much like...

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly IntolerantHighly IntolerantJoined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pmPosts: 1189Location: London
Incriminated, slightly thrashy, bass dominated and totally fucked up.

Evil and out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:37 pm Reply with quote
User avatarHighly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 pmPosts: 34Location: Derbyshire
this is fucking awesome!!! I was looking for more classic sounding bands (clean vocals and the like) but this is also right up my street cheers!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:15 pmPosts: 10
Check out Oblivionized lots of technical elements and a very prominent bass sound: www.facebook.com/oblivionized

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a tech fan to be honest.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Highly TolerantHighly TolerantJoined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:15 pmPosts: 10

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
KORN.
HAH!

SERIOUSLY THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA.
MODERN METAL BANDS ARE ALL TERRIBLE.
I'M OLD, FUCK YOU.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
Older is always better:)

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:24 am Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:05 amPosts: 2
Classic style heavy metals, with clean vocals and prominent bass, you say? Look no further than Manowar. Joey Demaio, the bassist, is one of the most talented musicians and songwriters in metal. They started out in the 80's but are still making CD's to this day, so they have some modern sounding stuff.

Here is one of their newer songs:

This is one of their older ones. It's got some fuckin amazing bass riffs:

A lot of people like to trash talk this band for some reason. At times they can be what some would call "cheesy". But I consider them to be one of the greatest metal acts of all time. Enjoy!

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Manowar are great but I'm really looking for new bands that I'm not already aware of.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:05 amPosts: 2
Yeah, new bands are kind of hard to come by these days. Most of the good ones are so obscure and hard to find it seems. Only one I can think of right now is a band from Sweden called Witchcraft. They have kind of a classic rock/heavy metal vibe. Pretty good stuff:

Lately I've just been combing the Encyclopaedia Metallum archives for any band that has 90% or higher reviews. That's how I found them

Also these guys aren't classic style heavy metal but if your looking for really well written music, a good new band to check out is Animals as Leaders. They play progressive/jazzy metal. It's pretty different but if you give them a chance you might like them. Just something different to look into:

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:40 am Reply with quote
User avatarLow ToleranceLow ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:36 amPosts: 216Location: BREAKING THE FUCKING LAW
NEW BANDS CAN FUCK OFF.

CHECK OUT SADISTIK EXEKUTION.
THE ONLY SHIT THING ABOUT SADISTIK EXEKUTION IS THAT THAT FUCKING QUEER BEST - MAN LIKES THEM.

ANYWAY.
DAVE SLAVE, THE BASSIST FROM SADISTIK EXEKUTION, IS BETTER THAN CLIFF BURTON COMBINED WITH HIMSELF.

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:40 amPosts: 2
Try this, plenty of bass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5UAGf3krDA

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:34 pmPosts: 4
Radiohead band is awesome .

Offline Profile
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Maximum ToleranceMaximum ToleranceJoined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:22 pmPosts: 7